• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

British paint brush camo wind proof smock

Deuce Drvr

IMG_3128.jpeg
this is a jacket my dad picked up as surplus post WW2 is in superb condition and from what I understand somewhat rare. The smock is like new and has never been modified so a real time capsule

Attachments

• IMG_3131.jpeg
    IMG_3131.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3130.jpeg
    IMG_3130.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3129.jpeg
    IMG_3129.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3132.jpeg
    IMG_3132.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 29

Dany McDonald

Yes that is pretty rare in that condition too. I have been looking for this type of camouflage garment for a long time, you are lucky.
Wish british camouflage patterns and developpement was well documented and researched like its german counterpart.

blackrat2

Man that’s a cracking conditioned windproof smock or SAS smock as they seem to be called
There are several variants to the camouflage over the time they were issued, resulting in distinctive batches of colour
I’ve seen them on eBay sell for over £2000 so for sure a good investment especially if you don’t plan on wearing it
If you have Instagram there are those that are far more knowledgeable posting up about these

Capt

I had one the same pattern and the matching trousers, also the sand coloured desert one as used by Bravo Two Zero in Gulf war 1, all sold to a French DDay reenacter years ago but not for that money. The material on both was a very tight weave cotton gabardine, the main feature was wind proof no insulation whatsoever.

This UK company do a copy plus some others.