• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Dany McDonald

Another day, another pair of boots... my lovely pair of Viberg 310, very new and very nice...;)

Viberg-310-0001-WebK.jpg

Cocker

Man, those look great! What make are they? Love the variation in the color.

Those are Pike Brothers Tanker Boots in cognac brown. They are not "correct" WW2 models (despite the 1945 part in their name), but I prefer the stitched toe cap.

Well, and for a fraction of the price, also... :p

LV426

Hello there ! I saw this vid this morning and discovered something I did not know . About the problem and how to take advantage from . Clever solution I think . The boots are great , the Caswell X Fortis Munson Last are ... a pleasure to my eyes , and maybe for my feet somedays , not long I hope ;) . take a look at . Happy saturday !
the link on the boots website : https://www.caswellbootco.com/

Drzdave58

Hello there ! I saw this vid this morning and discovered something I did not know . About the problem and how to take advantage from . Clever solution I think . The boots are great , the Caswell X Fortis Munson Last are ... a pleasure to my eyes , and maybe for my feet somedays , not long I hope ;) . take a look at . Happy saturday !

I watched that video too. The boots look nice enough however Im not sure people will pay the same price for pig skin when they can get a nicer boot made from a bovine hide.

LV426

I watched that video too. The boots look nice enough however Im not sure people will pay the same price for pig skin when they can get a nicer boot made from a bovine hide.
Not sure , don't forget that it's feral swin , more heavy skin/leather than pig . €177,51 is a very descent price for a Goodyear welted boot like that . I've some articles about pig leather and it's comparable to the cow hide . About the feral one the brand says that they develloped a new way of tannage . At that price I would try , if they made some with ...Munson last ;) and free delivery to Europe.

Drzdave58

Not sure , don't forget that it's feral swin , more heavy skin/leather than pig . €177,51 is a very descent price for a Goodyear welted boot like that . I've some articles about pig leather and it's comparable to the cow hide . About the feral one the brand says that they develloped a new way of tannage . At that price I would try , if they made some with ...Munson last ;) and free delivery to Europe.
For the price u quoted I can see them selling, but Caswell's asking substantially more. They want $266.16 U.S. for 50% deposit.
20241019_092902.jpg

mulceber

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that price you quoted is the 50% down payment. That said they’re nice boots and it still isn’t a bad price for Goodyear Welted construction and a specialty leather.

Harris_HTM

Haven't checked the website, nor the video, but I would be really really surprised if you can find a Goodyear welted boot at this price. Even made in China.
EDIT: in the meantime I see two relevant responses while I was typing. Probably indeed the price is double.

Harris_HTM

Did a bit of reading on Caswell, and their boots are made at the same factory in Portugal that Parkhursts are.
In Portugal (and Spain) there is a long tradition with shoe/boot manufacturing. There are indeed factories who produce goodyear welted shoes for many different brands. Carlos Santos is a rather popular portugese dress shoe brand here in Europe (prices around 400e) that also make products for other brands.

LV426

For the price u quoted I can see them selling, but Caswell's asking substantially more. They want $266.16 U.S. for 50% deposit.
View attachment 162581
Yes indeed ! I should have read ALL , So , I asked by chat what is the real price : " The total price of the boot is 379.99USD. The remainder of the total will be invoices before shipping." !!!!! Anyway , the quality seems to be there ,but , yes I don't think the feral swine leather will find many enthusiasm .

Last edited:

LV426

Did a bit of reading on Caswell, and their boots are made at the same factory in Portugal that Parkhursts are.
Haven't checked the website, nor the video, but I would be really really surprised if you can find a Goodyear welted boot at this price. Even made in China.
EDIT: in the meantime I see two relevant responses while I was typing. Probably indeed the price is double.
And you're right : The total price of the boot is 379.99USD. The remainder of the total will be invoices before shipping. So , who's gonna try the feral swine leather ? I checl some other boots and they seems to be good quality . Some are made in Spain , other in Portugal , the one I really like are made in Indonnesia , that's a lot of countries ! And a lot of money saved too , not US made.

LV426

To get a good idea of the brand this is a good articlet from "Stichdown" 2023 . Good spirit brand I think : https://www.stitchdown.com/brands/caswell/caswell-bootmakers-brand-intro-lisbon-wilson/