• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Drzdave58

Today I went to see my cobbler ( who is also a great "colorist" on leather ) to recover a pair of OG WW2 service shoes Type II that I found in quasi mint condfition except the soles that were both half broken . I bought some DR Sole soles and heels and here is the result . He done a great job , the stitching points are very close together and fine , it's quite rare , his sewing machine is really well calibrated . The color of the photo is a little too red . I putted a little layer of Cordovan surfine cream from Saphir . I love the shape of this type of soles that we do not see anymore , or just on dress shoes , or sometimes on the Whites C350 for example . I post the photos from the vendor site too .View attachment 160457View attachment 160447View attachment 160449View attachment 160451View attachment 160453View attachment 160455
You hit a home run on those! Cool Munson last.