• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Genuine BR B-15

FreddyF9

It turns out it's quite hard to find the original pattern B-15!

I've been looking at this one and wondered if it's a genuine Buzz Rickson?

B-15
Ehm …
Sorry but you missed it by a mile…

that is not a B-15 but a German Luftwaffe Kanal Jacke.
Also, the manufacturer isn’t Buzz Rickson but AT THE FRONT. As you can read in the label in one of the pictures.

Here you can see a pair of real Buzz Rickson’s B-15s; in the “A” and “C” variants.

As you can see they are very different from the one in your link!

Emchisti

Grrrrr, that's not the link I posted! I meant this:

Actual B-15 !

I must have had a previous link still cached. My issue is in finding a pattern of the original 1944 B-15 without any later modifications, which I think detract from the beauty of the design.

Dany McDonald

My issue is in finding a pattern of the original 1944 B-15 without any later modifications

Hi,

Buzz and The Real Mccoy have pretty much reproduced every versions that were. So if you take the time to search Yahoo Japan, it's all there at one time or another in almost every sizes. And if not just wait for it. And avoid Ebay, especially from Japan, most of the auctions are the same as Yahoo but way more expensive.

HTH,

D

Emchisti

Hi,

Buzz and The Real Mccoy have pretty much reproduced every versions that were. So if you take the time to search Yahoo Japan, it's all there at one time or another in almost every sizes. And if not just wait for it. And avoid Ebay, especially from Japan, most of the auctions are the same as Yahoo but way more expensive.

HTH,

D
It does indeed, I just need to find a proxy that works and doesn't shaft me for fees....

VeraVoulik

Indeed, Japan is your friend for BR B15, my Buzz Rickson in navy color was only $60 including postage, in absolute new condition, size 36.

Emchisti

Indeed, Japan is your friend for BR B15, my Buzz Rickson in navy color was only $60 including postage, in absolute new condition, size 36.
I've put an order in on Buyee this morning. It's the Buzz Rickson B-15 (1944 pattern). No idea what happens now, but if it turns up and is as described, I'll be happy! If not, it's a paypal claim.