• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

@Flightengineer that Dubow is beginning to look like an original. Stunning!
Thanks, Greg. It's like Tim @Smithy always said - I just wear it, not worrying about scratches, scuffs, etc. Both my A2s, this one and the one I bought from you, are starting to look like the originals cause I don't treat them like a crystal vase :)

Unfortunately, the photos do not convey the real wear, I do not know - the eye sees differently than the lens of a photo or phone. In real life they are much more beautiful, the photo mixes the details and adds unnecessary gloss. In general, taking photos of leather jackets to get a real picture is quite a difficult task:confused:

D97x7

That feels good, first wear of the season. :)
IMG_20241004_103823_edit_56107049135708.jpg

Enigma1938

Last day of A2 weather here. Beloved 27798 from Platon and park coffee break

Would you mind to post some detailed pictures of your jacket in some good lighting?
You seem to wear the Platon A2 for a long time now and I'm curious how the leather developed over the years.
Do you have that orange high point wear I've seen somewhere else?
Thank you

Flightengineer

Would you mind to post some detailed pictures of your jacket in some good lighting?
You seem to wear the Platon A2 for a long time now and I'm curious how the leather developed over the years.
Do you have that orange high point wear I've seen somewhere else?
Thank you

Yes, my first Platon with "orange", but in this photo it's a different jacket, this is the second one. It has different leather and wear occurs with a different shade.
Here's a photo from a year ago in the sunlight.

But even this photo doesn't show all the nuances, as I already said - it's hard to photograph leather jackets

Sideslip

Younger fellas would probably be disappointed driving these old cars. No abs or any of the modern advancements of modern cars. 1968 technology. You slam on the brakes and you’re probably going to do a 360. Just have to be a little more aware of things and not as lazy. But I’m 64 so it suits me right down to the ground ;)
My dad’s Mustang around 1965 or 1966. He clipped a bridge on an icy road a year or two later and that was that for the car. He was a calm kind of guy but put him in a fast car or on skis and he got this crazed happy look.

Ok, back to jackets!

50982915131_f157eb5236_o.jpeg

Sideslip

That’s a great fit coolhand, good sleeve length and the waist looks nice and baggy, I know some prefer tight jackets but as others have said these jacket had layers of clothing underneath
I’ve never managed to tame the RW collar but that one looks great
Glad to hear that it’s not just me who can’t tame the RW collar! I was wondering if I was going to have to put a backpack on for a few hours with the collar up to simulate parachute straps and see what that would do… o_O:p

Skyranger

I really like the B-6, I was actually considering patching mine with the same unit as you but I wonder if it's really historical for patched B-6s? So I'm still hesitant (leather patch from "A2jacketpatches").

Griffon_301

I got the patch as courtesy from Rob of ELC's when I bought the jacket several years ago @Duxford.
To be honest, I have not seen many pictures of actual B-6s worn at the time but as many other jackets were patched, why not B-6s as well :)

Griffon_301

Very cool jacket!!!
Thank you!
as said, I think I am wearing it not as often as it would deserve as I wear my smaller Irvin way more often but I guess the B-6 might really see some more airtime in the next days as it seems to be perfect B-6 weather till Wednesday...