WWII Russian Flight jackets

Discussion in 'Foreign Flight Jackets' started by bazelot, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Eastwood

Eastwood Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Smithy

Smithy Active Member

Thanks for that Ken!

3. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Active Member

фотография 1 (2) (3).jpg фотография 1 (2) (3).jpg фотография 2 (2).JPG

The Eagle-Eyed amongst you will notice a Zipped and Buttoned version of the same jacket seem to be in use at the same time, oddly, unlike Uncle Sam's jackets , the zippered version seems to pre-date the buttoned version.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. Ken at Aero Leather

A few photos to be going on with, previous post (Yuri Gagarin is amongst the flight crew wearing the eariest jacket)

I thought I was pretty savvy with IT but I'm finding the VLJ system tricky to say the least but here's another..................maybe someone can date this piocture from the Aircaft?

. Soviet Jackets.jpg

5. Ken at Aero Leather

Aero Soviet Label (1).jpg DSC00455.JPG

Original Zippers / Label plus repro versions. Don't have a photo of a Russian made repro centre zipper but it's perfect and stunning.
    Original Soviet Label.png

Excuse the sloppy layout, it was perfect when I hit "Reply" then the Original label decided to move it's position.

Ah well..................

6. FlyingYankee

FlyingYankee Member

Nice, maybe someone will try a reproduction. The collar is unique.

7. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage New Member

That's a very interesting photo since it suggests the current Russian leather flyer's jackets, which look virtually the same as these WW2 jackets, have a long pedigree. I had assumed the current jackets were just a modern civilian jacket which had been adopted by pilots, etc.

8. Ken at Aero Leather

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/products/russian-mig-flying-jacket?variant=4198089859

What do you think? Real or Fantasy?

It's a pity nobody on here mamaged to date the plane in the picture

9. Eastwood

Eastwood Member

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/products/russian-mig-flying-jacket?variant=4198089859 - this is a fantasy on the theme of a modern jacket (USSR-Russia 1970 to modern day)

Plane on the picture - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_P-39_Airacobra
    This photo was taken on the route of transfer of aircraft from the USA to the USSR in 44-45, most likely in Krasnoyarsk

These jackets were official (with minor changes) later the model of 1949, but in fact this model was earlier and it was during the WW2 44-45
    On photo (dbl) side - Letter of 1945 (https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-я_гвардейская_штурмовая_авиационная_дивизия)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  10. jerome35

jerome35 Member

Nice additions here, Thanks Ken ;)

11. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Active Member

Ken Posted lower on the Silvermans page .

( Exact remake of the issue MiG fighter pilots' jacket of the 90s. Brown only. Russian badges available extra.)

BIP

12. johnwayne

johnwayne Active Member

Not a bad price I guess but leather looks a little suspect. Having said that I've been to Silvermans a few times and they do some reasonable stuff - it's tucked away in London's East End and good for modern military gear and sometimes has the odd decent G1 original but mainly low end copies like Alpha A2's but affordable gear - I bought a pair of RedWing gloves that were a lot less than I'd seen elsewhere (can't remember what I paid). Similarly my Randolph Aviator sunglasses were keenly priced, and was tempted by a used CBI patched repro A2 but was too small, ironically think it might have been an Aero Scotland!
    Cheers
    Wayne