• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What pants go with the A-2?

John Luder

Ah, I dont know...pants?

View attachment 89487
Another thought just popped into my cranium.
I have two pair of original pinks, one shown here. The gabardine khakis are post-war, custom made for Howard Rhodes, who flew a P-51 out of England and ended the war in Stalag Luft 1 with my stepfather.
But the contrast is noticeable.
Now, don't look at me that way, but..... the Pinks that I have, and have seen, have a button fly (though, of course, there's no rule). The fronts of these men's trousers are flat, unlike trousers with a button fly. Another reason to suppose that they are khaki.

Attachments

• IMG_8036.jpg
    IMG_8036.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71

rob20uk

Seriously get a pair of these as they're unbelievable value, sturdy as hell, wonderfully cut (great 40s rise) and seriously comfortable to wear. Best chinos I've had. I've bought 2 pairs already and am going to buy a third.

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/shop-...er-service-trousers-chinos-by-kay-canvas.html

Effing love them.
Thanks for the suggestion @Smithy I have just ordered some now so hopefully, I can report back later this week. I am trying to move away from my jeans only wardrobe so this should be a good start. Hopefully, they are fairly practical and don't look dated with the design.

rob20uk

mulceber

How come the buzzricksons ones are £100 more?

I do find it crazy that such a price difference exists.
Made in a country where the cost of labor is much higher (Japan vs. Pakistan, I think?), repro hardware, and using Japanese fabrics - Japan has some first-rate weavers. It might not be worth it to you (and that's fine), but the cost difference isn't arbitrary.

Micawber

Seriously get a pair of these as they're unbelievable value, sturdy as hell, wonderfully cut (great 40s rise) and seriously comfortable to wear. Best chinos I've had. I've bought 2 pairs already and am going to buy a third.

https://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/shop-...er-service-trousers-chinos-by-kay-canvas.html

Effing love them.

Agreed. SOF is always worth a look if you are in the UK. Kay Canvas products rarely if ever get a mention on VLJ nand while I'm not a dresser-upper / re-enactor I do have some of their products which compare favourably to original items that have passed through my mitts over a lot of years.

Chandler

Many years ago there was a brand of Chinos (probably American) all the Jacketeers raved about. Only available online or from a few east coast retailers.

I looked at a pair while on a trip to Pennsylvania, but wasn't impressed -- though I think they had different ranges of quality & pricing.

Anyone remember what I'm talking about, or if they're still around?

Chandler

FWIW -- I have a pair of Dockers "D3" Chinos I bought a long while back; nice quality, heavy cotton flat-fronts. Of course, they don't make them anymore. :confused:

B-Man2

Many years ago there was a brand of Chinos (probably American) all the Jacketeers raved about. Only available online or from a few east coast retailers.

I looked at a pair while on a trip to Pennsylvania, but wasn't impressed -- though I think they had different ranges of quality & pricing.

Were they made in PA ?

ZuZu

Possibly Military Vat Dye? I used to buy those in the late 80s/early 90s. They were pretty much the same pattern as WW2 Army pants with the skiiny belt loops, double sewn seam on the outside of the leg and pockets the same pattern as originals I had. They were cut sliimer in the leg and didn't land up in the chest area like originals but they maintained that look- similar to the Mcqueen chinos in The Grat Escape. I was sad when they stopped making them- maybe Sears had them?

John Luder

@CAF Docent

The image was taken from an Arab Facebook page, no caption. The original hotel was destroyed by fire in the 70's.

Here is another image from this collection: https://www.facebook.com/photos.from.Semas/

View attachment 89575
I don't use facebook, but this page is open. What an amazing collection of Calif and other subjects. IDK how you first came across that photo of the marching officers, but it looks like a very deep dig. I love analyzing such photos. Mahalo nui loa for posting it.