• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Miles

Love the Swedish flying coat, really looks the biz.

It’s hard to find this coat in leather. It has a one inch rip in the shoulder and some slight shearling absence, but it looks really tough. I have to be careful what I pair it with to not look like a serial killer in a dark alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s4rmark

C8FEDA92-ACEE-4C55-88C5-F1A77D539A18.jpeg
386C256B-217E-4ABA-A5FC-8FAE5A608345.jpeg
Not today but last night we walked to the pub . Wearing ELC Perry B-3, B-2 cap and A-10 gloves.

A2 B3au

Art, whilst not 100% sure I think I’m right in saying that the red stitching was a bit of a fantasy thing that didn’t appear on originals. I think they stopped using the red around the time the Star was changed to Warhorse leather and a repro Talon. I have an ELC Star from about 18 months ago and it is stunning, easily the best A-2 I’ve ever owned. The leather graining is superb and a world away from the plastic looking red stitched item I had years ago and sent back to them as it just looked cheap imho. The only issue with my current Star is I need to send it back to have a new throat latch fitted as the current one snapped where it curves a while ago, never had this happen before in any A-2 and I never use the latch so can’t be through use but a minor if not annoying issue.

I’d also consider a BK Star now, particularly in Badalassi cow hide (we now know cow was used on Star’s originally). If you really wanted red stitching BK will do this but I don’t think ELC will.

Hope this helps.
Thanks very useful but I decided to leave the star I was interested in as when I asked the seller how old it I was told to stop asking Qs , I've had it from new and what difference does it make ... So the question continues but I did see an elc 23373 that looked nice and clean only couple years old with red stiching but it was in goat so not what I'm looking for ..I've had a good look at most top mfgs and there's just to many options ..1st world problems eh....Nice one Art

Smithy

Although it's -7 today, the sun is shining and there's starting to be a little warmth in it. Sick and tired of living in a modern parka, I wore my Aero Barnstormer today with thermals, submariner jumper and an enormous RFC scarf for a walk up to the shops to get some milk. Lousy photo but I absolutely love this coat.

nGKYcN1.jpg

Griffon_301

we just survived the coldest week for years here in Austria, all the while when we were on holiday in the mountains - were it was even colder :D
I had a RW B-15, a Alpha N3B and my ELC Irvin with me, all chosen for different purposes :D ; will provide a short jacket review soon but all I can say all three are great and kept me warm through between -10 and -24°C with a minimum of layering underneath...
today its an Aeronautica Militare Nylon flightjacket for a change, but as I am at work, no pictures yet .... :D

btw, that B-6 is a great one, I am still undecided if I will go for the standard B-6 from ELC and pimp that with the appropriate patches or take the RW B-6....

Steve27752

we just survived the coldest week for years here in Austria, all the while when we were on holiday in the mountains - were it was even colder :D
I had a RW B-15, a Alpha N3B and my ELC Irvin with me, all chosen for different purposes :D ; will provide a short jacket review soon but all I can say all three are great and kept me warm through between -10 and -24°C with a minimum of layering underneath...
today its an Aeronautica Militare Nylon flightjacket for a change, but as I am at work, no pictures yet .... :D

btw, that B-6 is a great one, I am still undecided if I will go for the standard B-6 from ELC and pimp that with the appropriate patches or take the RW B-6....
No pictures, it did not happen.

A2 B3au

0C248FEF-22B8-40E2-8E80-2D2A45F5029D.jpeg
It’s hard to find this coat in leather. It has a one inch rip in the shoulder and some slight shearling absence, but it looks really tough. I have to be careful what I pair it with to not look like a serial killer in a dark alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been wearing my A2 to work for a month before I get patched n cuffed

Edward

March has brought me a few borderline cooler days where I could bring my A-2s back out for a while... looks like I might even get a few days early next week to wear them before I have to put them away again so I'm happy about that! :D