• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

CBI

WPG Irvin:

IMG_0557.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 347

Skip

Autumn is approaching Down Under, with mists in the valley and morning temps in the low to mid teens (celsius). Early rise for the missus and I with a leisurely drive South with the tops off. Wind protection courtesy of a Diamond Clothing Co Combat Crew Aero 18775 over a merino sweater.

FullSizeRender-13 1.jpg

FullSizeRender-16 1.jpg

johnwayne

Nice A2 and nice motor Matt - nearly bought one myself in same colour a few years back but resisted the temptation plus I'm not lucky with 'older' cars nor do we really have climate - it certainly wouldn't fit in my garage either, it was a tight fit for an MGB!!

Skip

Neither am I Johnwayne, always unlucky in cars, but love 'em to death. You know when you get to that state in the resto when the problems get out of hand? We hit that point and bit the bullet and decided to complete it regardless. The biggest headache was a wafer thin chassis. Pretty much all done, just few niggling things to do. She's a special thing to us because it was the project Megan and i worked together while she was getting over the complications of cancer treatment.

Tim, such a nice time of year for us, as you would know, really looking forward to it. Surely Spring would be sending its warming fingers out up there ?

Last edited:

Smithy

Tim, such a nice time of year for us, as you would know, really looking forward to it. Surely Spring would be sending its warming fingers out up there ?

Not in the sense of back home Matt. The sun is back and the days are getting longer and the temperature is a tad milder but it was still a high of only -2 and a low of -8 today and there's still a lot of snow around although we haven't had any snowfall for about a week or so.

Autumn is my favourite season in Oz and NZ, I love when you get those clear cooler sunny days and chilly nights. Autumn is probably my favourite season here as well as everything is yellow, orange and red. Although summer's not bad here either but that's because it's dry fly fly fishing time.

Skip

A well weathered man you are Tim ;)

Think I've mentioned this before but would dearly love to live in a colder climate, but then the hassles of eeking a living through it is a totally different matter. There was a news item on our TV news about a town, Rjukan, in a Fjord in Norway that hardly gets any sun due to it situated deep in the valley and the mountain sides the Winter sun. They erected quite a large set of mirrors to reflect the sun back to a spot in the town square so the folks could have at least a small amount of sunshine, and the essential vitamin D for longer. Certainly a harder lifestyle you chaps have up North North.

here's the link to it:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/06/rjukan-sun-norway-town-mirrors

Smithy

A well weathered man you are Tim ;)

Think I've mentioned this before but would dearly love to live in a colder climate, but then the hassles of eeking a living through it is a totally different matter. There was a news item on our TV news about a town, Rjukan, in a Fjord in Norway that hardly gets any sun due to it situated deep in the valley and the mountain sides the Winter sun. They erected quite a large set of mirrors to reflect the sun back to a spot in the town square so the folks could have at least a small amount of sunshine, and the essential vitamin D for longer. Certainly a harder lifestyle you chaps have up North North.

here's the link to it:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/06/rjukan-sun-norway-town-mirrors

My father-in-law grew up in a small town up a very steep fjord. The town sits on one side at the foot of an enormously steep mountain which towers over it. I've visited there a couple of times but there's no way I could live there as it's a really oppressive kind of feeling.

I love it where we are though. Right now it's just finished snowing and completely cleared, gloriously sunny and an azure sky. I'll take the kids skiing or tobogganing in a bit!

Pilot

IMHO, PLEASE, dont...Great jacket, very valuable...as long as no stiching holes or patches or paint on it...but again...IMHO.

Love the GMT II ln

Last edited:

s4rmark

A lovely spring morning so I wore a Headwind A-1 this morning to an appointment. Sorry no pictures! I fear one of the sheepskin beasts will be worn tomorrow, judging by the weather forecast.