• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Nice WW2 era US Pilots Watch - REPRO

CBI

Looking for a nice WW2 era REPRO US pilots watch. Need something to wear with A-2's (thin) that's not as thick as my current yet cool looking BIG watches.

Can't seem to find the info that I recall was on here on the past.

I have had my share of original vintage watches, great stuff but I am looking for something I don't have to worry about or wind!

Thanks - here with general info or PM

unclegrumpy

I like Jon's Bulova suggestion better. However, you can get one of these Timex's for about $30, and they are decent looking for the price.

http://www.timex.com/Timex-Weekender-Sl ... B004VR9GCQ

yNcr0OYxemejG8aBiV5-KkAOiGn9Z_Uc95PE6afLnna6yTo2advWkJU2iaw6V4L4H7-fHXjtPXYInCfNTvU-Jys9sjTVDCnrZsGcMd8bJ3kz9-ESZv6aouGzPul5lmzvOaxbkuzojI6qaWso6lXn5l0hw4UkShyzVtRb5RU

CBI

thanks. I seem to remember some VLJ member had quite a few repros that were going to be used for Red Tails which were not. Other, closer repros have been mentioned. Thanks for the 2 ideas thus far. I wish the Bulova was less an "homage" and more authentic. Jon, if you do decide to get one, they are $90 on eBay.

Thanks all -

Andrew

John, I have a couple of A-11 repros made by a fella I'n the UK which I wear daily. I'll try to post a couple of shots later today and his details if you're interested. He also does 6b/159 repros as well, of which I have an older version.

Silver Dollar

I have an original A11 but it doesn't work anymore. The closest thing I found is a Swiss Army watch in the A11 style but no one in their right mind would ever mistake it for the real thing.

CBI

thanks guys, sounds good Andrew, please post. I did make a little progress typing in "field watch" but nothing that jumps out yet.

Appreciate it!

dmar836

I have liked the Hamiltons for sure BUT I would have a very difficult time buying a Swiss watch from China or the near east. I have seen many knockoff items and apparently they aren't afraid of any international law.
They knock off high end Italian carbon bicycle frames right down to the paint job, graphics, and even the name! A friend just bought one.
JMO,
Dave

DJS48

Mr. Andrew,
If you can, please post some pics of the 6b/159 repro too. I have researched the cost of an original 6b and it's way out of my budget. Thanks.
Cheers,
Don

Dr H

Andrew said:
John, I have a couple of A-11 repros made by a fella I'n the UK which I wear daily. I'll try to post a couple of shots later today and his details if you're interested. He also does 6b/159 repros as well, of which I have an older version.

Is it this one?

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/c5-bb70-awt.html

or this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-11-1943-WWI ... 0621252555

Both UK based...

This looks interesting:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/180748/t ... s,+finally!

Andrew

nope, and sorry but I had to go to Brisbane today but i'll post them tomorrow. Ian, that first link is dreadful :lol:

guys, don't get your hopes up too much, they're not exact by any stretch but the A-11 is pretty good and I threw away the band it came on and put it on a nos fabric band. Pics tomorrow.

Dr H

Andrew said:
nope, and sorry but I had to go to Brisbane today but i'll post them tomorrow. Ian, that first link is dreadful :lol:

Thought you might like that one ;)

Andrew

This is the address I use;
[email protected]

Cost shipped to Australia was 45 quid. Just ask him to make sure the dial is printed consistently as the first one I got had a few very tiny spots on it. The canvas band is nos and I have an address for the guy i got them from too if you need it.

Tell him I sent you.

Compared to the real thing it's a bit larger
DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0656.jpg

This is it beside a 6b I bought from him about 5 years ago- I think he's improved them since then. I'm putting this one on a proper fixed bar aviators band shortly which will improve its look but I did rough it up with a little wet and dry (HWT for watches :D ).

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg