• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The right car to go with your A-2?

zoomer

< :lol: >

Silly limeys. Everyone knows the A-2 is not really a 30s jacket - it's a piece of Real Man's equipment.
Real Man's cars and bikes didn't exist in the 30s any more than Real Man's music did.

Consider...from 1932, the year of the first A-2 contract. Even the Holy Hog was a bit sissified.
hdarrow.jpg

And those trucks that were "Built Ford Tough" looked like this!
Ford_Model_B_Pickup_1932.jpg

Need I even mention our Air Corps?

< / :lol: >

PADDY_M

John Lever said:
Sorry Paddy if our friend called you a Limey...

Mmmmm!! Fletch, I'm a Paddy Irishman mate. You know...the race of guys who built and run that little colony over the pond ;)

Limey indeed!! :roll:

ties70

An A-2 jacket is definitely too cold when it's a winter morning and you are waiting for the wrecker to load load up this one....

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0816.jpg

DSCN0818.jpg

I thought about quit driving at all....three weeks later I had this one:

BMW2.jpg

Today I have two of these...they fit with all kinds of flight jackets:

dscn31422kg.jpg

Vcruiser

Very nice car,Ties!
I think that you are right...
Most anything with a cockpit will likely compliment an A2...
...but must avoid at all cost those rough landings.

Here's a pic of mine...

100_0537.jpg

Van

ties70

Van,

nice Solstice!

Did you know that this is actually its (not so) distant "cousin"?

The OPEL GT:
gt_1.jpg

You can tell from the windshield frame and the back edge of the doors that GM used the same basic platform and combined components to save some money.

This is the early OPEL GT from the 70s. That was one stylish car....you could definitely tell why they called it Germany's "Poor Man's Corvette"...

gt_old.jpg

Vcruiser

Hi Ties
Yes there are two versions of the Kappa car which were made in Wilmington,Delaware(but discontinued last summer)on side by side production lines. The Pontiac Solstice...and Saturn Sky. Both same platform..engine..with mainly only styling diffs. The Sky was the basis and sold as the Opel overseas with Euro trim modifications.
The old Opel GT was quite something for it's era as well. I'm quite familiar with it since a close friend of mine had one exactly like in your photo.
Van

usafwso

How about this little Italian beauty. Two friends of mine work at an Audi/Lamborghini dealership in Las Vegas we had chance to take it out for a Sunday drive to Hoover Dam. Great car but way too impractical. This particular machine is only one of two currently in the United States. Too bad I wasn't wearing a flight jacket that day.

me2.jpg

dujardin

BMW2.jpg

i had such one in hands some months ago....

no no no, not the BMW, the yellow-orange one, mine had an open'roof and exactly the same color.

small but a great car, no no; not the BMW , the Buggggggg

byeeeeeee marcel

handworn

I'd say the ideal A-2 car would be the one designed after the P-38 Lightning: the 1950-51 bulletnose Studebaker Commander or Champion:

1950_Studebaker_Commander.jpg

I plan to own one some day (though unfortunately probably not a convertible).

Bluebottle

Beat up old '40's A2 - beat up old '50's VW Kombi.
Like Zoomer says, a work jacket for a work vehicle

kopievanimg2423.jpg

4262155863_e12ae18da7.jpg

But this is the tidy little A2 Accessory I'd love for my mid-life crisis :cool:

356.jpg