• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The right car to go with your A-2?

Grant

You see all kinds of cool cars in LA but this one tops them all this trip. Boy did I feel like a loser getting out of my lame ass rental when I saw this black beauty.

car.jpg

zoomer

I'm thinking a Jeep with a big ole sign on the back. :cool:
Jeep_Follow_Me.jpg

Driver seems in desperate need of an A-2, or at least a tee shirt.

Grant

John, you're right!
I have a little down time so I wandered into the Ralph Lauren store on Rodeo drive and saw a sweet no name (Cable) A-2 they had for sale. A little outta my price range but still cool to check out.

John Lever

Was it an original ?
The car you showed looks like a real ' Low rider '
I recently saw a table in a magazine called Interiors. RL were advertising a very nice refectory table made from timber reclaimed from tobacco barns. Very rustic, to fit in your Tuscan or Provençal cottage.
It was $25 000 !!!

They do make some nice almost accurate repro's but when you consider they are all made in China for tuppence, the tag price looks absurd.

Grant

Hey John, Yeah, it was all original and in a larger size 44.
Yeah, it really pisses me off to see them making reproductions of classic American work wear but it's all made in China.

dujardin

Zoomer, you're right

if only i still have my MB 1943, i only need to add a ''follow me'' panel and maybe paint her in yellow.

3-1.jpg

i have in idea for years now to buy a Jeep (CJ5 or CJ7) as family car.
if a day i make my dream come true, she will look close to these one.

1816620790_1.jpg

in everyway a 4X4 (oldtimers)

byeeeeeeee marcel

TankBuster

Cool car Grant! I enjoy wearing my A-2 in my weekend cruiser. I love the Mustang and the wife let me get one last spring! :mrgreen:

015-10.jpg

017-8.jpg

CHECK6

The MERCURY LOW RIDER ,MUSTANG,WILLYS are ok with the A2
The AUTO-UNION SILVER ARROW should be better with a luftwaffe pilot jacket ???????????

TankBuster

Very Nice Kevin!! Love the hood scoop! I was lucky the guy I bought mine from added the Ford calibrated cold air intake. A little extra juice doesn't hurt! :D

khiattP-51

TankBuster said:
Very Nice Kevin!! Love the hood scoop! I was lucky the guy I bought mine from added the Ford calibrated cold air intake. A little extra juice doesn't hurt! :D

I like the aftermarket grill on yours Jeff. It's a Roush hood scoop on mine, same with the window louvers. Agreed on the extra juice....I put a Roush cold air intake, chip tweak, Ford Racing (Borla made) exhaust from headers back on mine. It certainly gets up and moves and makes a beautiful sound!

I should've asked Santa for a short-throw shifter.

-Kevin

Happy Hooligan

here's my "car" that I wear with my A2...
DSC06102.jpg

1970 Bronco Sport... Usually the tops down...

Let me know the next time you're in LA Grant....

ausreenactor

TankBuster said:
Cool car Grant! I enjoy wearing my A-2 in my weekend cruiser. I love the Mustang and the wife let me get one last spring! :mrgreen:

015-10.jpg

017-8.jpg

Very attractive transport. The wheels look like Torq Thrust D's from back in the day. Given they are fitted to both of your Fastbacks, they must be factory. You certainly have a great set up in the states with regard to your variety of makers. Admittedly, Chrysler did not fare too well. You get a whole lot of car for your money. And your aftermarket performance stuff is the bomb. I had a 351C powered Falcon, that I maintained for 15 years of its 30 year existence. My car is now on offer from the new owner who redid all the paintwork. He did; however, leave the engine untouched. I do not know if the engine builder sold his soul to Santa or something, but it has produced 270HP at the wheels for a decade and a half. I must admit I did baby it.

http://australianmusclecarsales.com.au/ ... ry=xy%20gs

I moved it on for a Ford Executive fleet car. A cheap sleeper, fitted with the last of the 302W engines. I am actually waiting for the day when the wife kills the motor and I can retrofit with a 351W roller engine. Engine swaps here need to be fully engineered, so a like for like Windsor engine should not be too hard to tackle.

Lovely vehicles, and look maintained to the hilt!! Well done, thank you...

Couchy