• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The right car to go with your A-2?

zoomer

PADDY_M said:
John Lever said:
Sorry Paddy if our friend called you a Limey...

Mmmmm!! Fletch, I'm a Paddy Irishman mate. You know...the race of guys who built and run that little colony over the pond ;)

Limey indeed!! :roll:
Of course I said Silly Limeys. PADDY is NOT silly. Not usually anyway. :lol:

Silver Dollar

I figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I've worn my A2's while driving this.
DSC00769.jpg

It may look goofy but it's paid for.

PADDY_M

Opening up the throttle along the Northumberland coast road.

Just back from an amazing blast up the Northumberland coast (Scottish Borders) with the sun beating down and zillions of old castles whizzing by, as I wound my way up through hills and mountains, down to coastal bays and across lazy rivers making their way to the sea. A good day to be alive!
MX5SUMMER018.jpg

MX5SUMMER015.jpg

MX5SUMMER031.jpg

MX5SUMMER005.jpg

MX5SUMMER034.jpg

MX5SUMMER046.jpg

MX5SUMMER001.jpg

MX5SUMMER002.jpg
[/img]

sgbailey2002

I used to wear an A-2 while driving my Lotus 7. Lots of fun with the top down driving along the CA coast. Sadly I sold the Lotus, but I am in contact still with the buyer who is a friend, and I have first chance to buy it back if he ever decides to sell it.

Skip

Grant

Skip, Sounds like a pattern! Have you had much use of the RMNZ RW I sold back to you? LOL

sgbailey2002

Grant said:
Skip, Sounds like a pattern! Have you had much use of the RMNZ RW I sold back to you? LOL

Grant, I have yet to wear it. In fact the last time I wore an A-2 was last June at Eagle Field in CA. I suspect the next time I wear one will also be at Eagle Field this June.

As for the Lotus, mistake selling it. I hope my friend sells it back to me, just like the RMNZ RW. Although he says he's done some mods to it I might not be crazy about, I'd still want it.

Skip

Grant

Skip,
When you get the Lotus back make sure you wear the A-2 when you go for that first drive!

sgbailey2002

Grant said:
Skip,
When you get the Lotus back make sure you wear the A-2 when you go for that first drive!
If I get it back. I sure hope I do. To wear an A-2 with it though, I'll have to get the car back in the winter. Usually only a couple of days each year that you can wear a leather jacket, and I usually wear a vintage civie jacket anymore.
We're in the 80's now, could see 100's in May. It's Hawaiian shirt weather. Going back to Hawaii in July, will be buying more shirts....was just there in Feb. and bought about a dozen. You can't have too many nice Hawaiian shirts when you live in the desert.
Another car I thought would be fun to drive in an A-2 was my pals Bentley. He had 2, an '89 and a '90 Turbo. He was always trying to sell me one or the other. I wish now I would have bought one as he died a few months ago, and the cars were grabbed by the bank in an estate mess. The '90 Turbo was really nice. Oh well.

Skip

Marv

it used to be a BMW Z4 but then my lovely daughter came along and I had to swap for something more pratical so now I wear my A2 with a BMW 325D M Sport......still hoping for a Honda CBR 600 RR as well at some point. ;)

Willy McCoy

I really like those new mustangs. Not too fond of the popular trend to put wheel sets of over 16" on them though. Looks good on Hot Wheels® by Mattel I think. If the brake calipers would permit I would go with 15"s or 16"s rims. Waxed Steelies with trim rings or some good old fashioned mags. I like some of those Wheel Vintiques smoothies.
n772984247_1418196_7049617.jpg

Here is my track car. It's a '93 Honda Civic Hatchback. I tossed the 1.5 litre engine and put in a brand new K24a2 from an Acura TSX. Upgraded the brakes to all disc brake swap from a 2000 Civic Si. Had it dyno'd at 185 ft.lbs. of torque and 220 whp. Full Recaro interior front and back. Very fast and very light for a full interior car. Down on the Columbia River above The Dalles Oregon with Mt. Adams in the background.