• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions on Kelso to order?

Hobbstc

Email today said it should ship the 20th. If it looks as good as the website, the shorter wait might sway a few people from a JC.

Jeff M

Hobbstc said:
Email today said it should ship the 20th. If it looks as good as the website, the shorter wait might sway a few people from a JC.

Sept. 20th looks like it will be a busy shipping day for BK.
Received the same reply to my recent email asking about my W&G M422 that I ordered the end of July.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Hobbstc

Email from yesterday.

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately, due to delay in the procurement of some materials
the waiting must be extended until end next week.

Sorry for this, I hope you understand.

Kind regards,
Andy

Wow. There are some major issues going on. I'm tempted to just cancel my order and get a used GW.

ausreenactor

Crikey...stop your whining... ;)

I have been waiting four and a half years for Jerome to finish my ELC Air Comfort jacket. Think the thing would have dried out and faded by now... Must be time to make another call....

Couchy

Jeff M

ausreenactor said:

I have been waiting four and a half years for Jerome to finish my ELC Air Comfort jacket. Think the thing would have dried out and faded by now... Must be time to make another call....

Couchy

:lol:
Yeah, I'd think about giving him anther call.

Hobbstc

I apologize, I guess I should have been more clear. The issues I am referring to are with communication. Both Jeff M and I emailed BK before ordering to see what the wait time would be. I was told it would ship in two weeks as the material was on hand. Then the country went on vacation, which is fine. I understand that. Bu now to tell me it will be another week because of not having supplies just rubs me as poor comunication. Where did all the supplies go from when I was told two weeks? In fact I never received an initial email from BK about ship time. If I wasn't a VLJ person and just purchased off the website I would be a lot more irate. There is nothing on the website at all about lead times. I'm just looking at how the business is run as a whole when it comes to customer communication. It seems no one is taking the time to inform the customer about statuses. Fanatical customer service is something to look into for the future to make lifelong customers.

A

Anonymous

Hi,
First of all, on the website it says that delivery is 15-20 business days, i.e. about a month.
And that's when it's business as usual. When it's heavy loaded might take longer. In the terms of sale it says 2 months.

When they tell you in two weeks, it's because the supplier has promised to deliver e.g. tomorrow, so the estimate is given to you with that in mind. But if the supplier delays 2 weeks because that's how he likes, or because the wrong item was delivered and it has to be returned etc etc, then your order automatically gets delayed another 2 weeks. Things like that are internal info. Also it's impossible to inform everybody about everything that is going on. Sometimes also, a jacket is made but does not pass inspection and qualiy controls, so it has to be re-made and this is causing delay.
In the end of the day, you can't expect to have the same customer service that you got used to from e.g. a multinational company, from a small boutique shop.

Please grab a chair, sip a little whiskey, have a little patience and your jacket will come to you soon.
BK will not let you down.

About vacation, all workers are entitled 1 month vacation per year and employees are obliged by law to let their workers go on vacation (paid leave). Vacation month is usually August. BK had to close for 2 weeks because of that.

Hobbstc

PLATON said:
When they tell you in two weeks, it's because the supplier has promised to deliver e.g. tomorrow, so the estimate is given to you with that in mind. But if the supplier delays 2 weeks because that's how he likes, or because the wrong item was delivered and it has to be returned etc etc, then your order automatically gets delayed another 2 weeks.

Please grab a chair, sip a little whiskey, have a little patience and your jacket will come to you soon.
BK will not let you down.

This was my only real problem with it. Being told materials were in stock and it would take two weeks means to me the materials are in stock. Not being supplied, on the way, etc. But it's all ok. I'm taking your advice and life is good! Definitely looking forward to it and putting a detailed review up here.

Jeff M

Hobbstc said:

This was my only real problem with it. Being told materials were in stock and it would take two weeks means to me the materials are in stock. Not being supplied, on the way, etc. But it's all ok. I'm taking your advice and life is good! Definitely looking forward to it and putting a detailed review up here.

That was my understanding also when I asked if all the materials necessary for completing the jacket were on hand.
But....C'est la vie.
Platon, any word on my jacket shipping? Was expecting an email a couple of days ago.

A

Anonymous

I am sorry for the delays guys. I know it's frustrating. I always relay your comments and complains to the guys at BK who honestly trying to provide better services. They were not into military jackets before I met them. I got the virus and transmitted it to them. Now they really like and love what they do and I am continuously pushing them to get better and better. They told me that the problem with suppliers was always there but now with the horse hides it's even worse.
I also feel responsible when they fail because in a sense BK is my own creation. As you know, I went at my own expense to Italy to find good leathers and steady suppliers to eliminate the problems and delays. Some of the tanneries I met are still making samples for approval. Very soon, everything will run smoothly and the quality of BK products will sky rocket.
Yesterday BK got a big batch of moutons so there won't be any problems with Navy jackets for a long time.

Jeff your jacket was going to ship yesterday, but didn't due to a general strike.
It will ship today. I have seen it and it's great, you will love it.

Jeff M

PLATON said:

Jeff your jacket was going to ship yesterday, but didn't due to a general strike.
It will ship today. I have seen it and it's great, you will love it.

Thanks Platon. You've been great.
Didn't think about the strike.

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
ausreenactor said:

Couchy

:lol:
Yeah, I'd think about giving him anther call.

Woohoo...Found the number, left a message and directed him to PM and email... Who knows...

Couchy

Dr H

Couchy, do you know any forum members who live in/near his locality to visit, talk or retrieve your jacket?

ausreenactor

I am sure there are some who are local. Left a message here, via the email and on the answering machine. Found the number cleaning out old phone bills. Now I have it, I shall ring it..often! Some have commended my patience; however, I think I just really felt for his situation. I tried to contemplate what he might have been going through and I had to back off. I am fortunate enough (which is debated at times) to have both my parents in pretty good health - both are nuts, but healthy.. Will see how I go. More for the back of the war room than anything else. Told this last fortnight that I am deploying to Afghanistan again next year and this is a 'just in case' move...

Couchy

A

Anonymous

This Jerome must be very busy for taking 4.5 years for a jacket...