• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggestions on Kelso to order?

Hobbstc

Hey all, since the GW 38 acme/aero sold so quickly Im looking at which Kelso to order. I have a bit of an athletic build, the Army doesn't let me have a gut lol. Anyway I'm just looking for some suggestions. I'll be honest I'm not versed enough to really be able to pick out the subtle differences. I just want something that fits and looks great. The GW had the latter, but the shoulders were the problem in the fit dept. I like the looks of the Dubow on the BK site, but haven't seen a dark seal 1755 before. Is that an accurate color? I know when you go to order you can choose all sorts of option for the color, but I want it to be accurate for the contract. Thanks for your help!

Thomas

Roughwear

You can't go wrong with a BK Dubow 1755. Yes original jackets from this contract were generally dark seal with berry knits.

Hobbstc

Yeah it looks fantastic! Trying to figure out size with Platon. The 38 Acme was great everywhere except in the armpit/shoulder area. I couldn't life my arms very far without it binding significantly. My chest is measured 42 and he suggested a size 42 for the 1755, but he said the dimensions are as follows:
pit to pit 22 1/2
shoulders 18
back 24 /12
Sleeve 25 1/2

Those numbers are just a bit smaller than the Acme was, so I'm thinking a 44 would be better.

The acme was
Front along zipper 24.25"
Front chest under arms 24"
Back width under arms 25"
Back height 25.5"
Shoulder width 19"
Sleeves, from shoulder to end of cuff 25.75"

Also, in the dark seal, what's the correct thread, olive or dark olive?

Jeff M

Thomas...I sent you a PM.

What is the current situation on BK's Dubows?
Are they in production? Got the leather/knits/hardware in?
They not going to be "exclusive" to that shop in London?

Jeff M

nogbat said:
what shop in london jeff ??

Actually, I was thinking of the wrong Dubow contract.

PLATON said:
Hi guys,
Once again must say that wouldn't have done it without receiving enormous amount of help from a very generous and noble man Mr John Chapman to whom BK ows a lot.

Yes, the collar on RM is exaggerated. The collar on original Dubow BK has is straight. So we gave it just a very little swoop, nothing like the RM. We have of course collar pattern for straight and for swoop and can make either one, so it will be the customer's choice.

BK is working to offer this jacket via a shop in the UK and I will let you know how this goes.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=117929

Hobbstc

Roughwear said:
You can't go wrong with a BK Dubow 1755. Yes original jackets from this contract were generally dark seal with berry knits.

What's the correct color thread? Regular or dark olive?

Hobbstc

Actually looks like medium brown is correct thread? Can anyone confirm before I order next week? Thanks! Going for the dark seal like the example.

Hobbstc

Thanks. I tried that and he did make a couple but he just has pictures up and not descriptions. It's hard to tell from the pics.

Hobbstc

Yep after a little more digging on Johns site medium brown is correct. Ordering next week. I hope it looks as good as the one on their website!

CBI

if I were to order a Kelso, it would be what you just ordered - please post some nice pics with you wearing it!!!!

Hobbstc

Me too if it ever gets here. Seems Greece takes three weeks off work the end of August for mandatory national holiday. Hopefully only a couple more weeks.