• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing Aero Some love

Thomas Koehle

MAXWELL made to order with some slight mods
0qNbQQP.jpg

mdWdNM1.jpg

TaB0ZqR.jpg

30ies HALFBELT straight from the shelf
0Riiwg9.jpg

both jackets in CXL - both jackets demonstrate outstanding craftmanship and a high level of dedication to the detail

B-Man2

MAXWELL made to order with some slight mods
0qNbQQP.jpg

mdWdNM1.jpg

TaB0ZqR.jpg

30ies HALFBELT straight from the shelf
0Riiwg9.jpg

both jackets in CXL - both jackets demonstrate outstanding craftmanship and a high level of dedication to the detail
Thomas
I like the entire look and how you pull it off. The jacket , vest , tie, jeans and boots just look cool. I like the look of both jackets , who made them please ?

Lord Flashheart

Be good to see a bit of detail on your Barnstormer @Smithy if you would.

Ken made a Neta Snook Southern coat he posted here a few years ago http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/women-in-flight-gear-ww2.22715/page-12#post-240639 and I've always had that on my wish list if I could persuade Aero to make another.

I don't think we don't have a dedicated thread for jacket appreciation from the Golden Age of flying and I don't recall seeing many early flying coat repros around (last I recall is Jan's excellent Pancho Barnes that John made)? Pity.

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

Be good to see a bit of detail on your Barnstormer @Smithy if you would.

Ken made a Neta Snook Southern coat he posted here a few years ago http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/women-in-flight-gear-ww2.22715/page-12#post-240639 and I've always had that on my wish list if I could persuade Aero to make another.

I don't think we don't have a dedicated thread for jacket appreciation from the Golden Age of flying and I don't recall seeing many early flying coat repros around (last I recall is Jan's excellent Pancho Barnes that John made)? Pity.
Yeah @Smithy let's see some fitpics pls

CBI

I really do think Aero makes amazing jackets. If I am honest though (and I have been) there isn't a single style of their jackets that I care for to actually wear. Its just a preference thing. Most are just too short waisted for my tastes. The longer ones (I have owned two) were superb but just too heavy. Jackets for me to admire on others! SUPERB workmanship though.

CombatWombat

I love Aero jackets buuuuuuttttt

1)The arms tend to be cut quite roomy for my not so thick arms
2)the arm holes are cut "low" so I get that 80's Bat Wing vibe when o try to raise my arms in the T Pose
3) the 3 Aero jackets (the various "Highwayman" styles) all had had the collar crap out on the fold

geedee

I love Aero jackets buuuuuuttttt

1)The arms tend to be cut quite roomy for my not so thick arms
2)the arm holes are cut "low" so I get that 80's Bat Wing vibe when o try to raise my arms in the T Pose
3) the 3 Aero jackets (the various "Highwayman" styles) all had had the collar crap out on the fold
Hi I have a Premier 1930's Half Belt and the sleeves are cut slim and the armholes high - looks much better on my skinny arms!

zoomer

And the one I don't own (yet) isn't a flying jacket but it's Aeros Royale. I've not seen many posted here or on TFL but I really like the 1930's style (and it'd be change from a flying jacket):

View attachment 115839

That is really sharp...basically a Cossack style with a fold collar. Waistband could be gathered or non-gathered giving the option to wear it like an Indy Jones - but it's much more stylish.

Battered steer would be the leather choice for me here!

Last edited:

zoomer

CombatWombat said:
I've got a "Highwayman" that i think must have been a custom job.
It's similar to the original 80's one they brought out (and smells like Connelly Roses) but has been altered around the front yoke and has a later Aero tag on it as well as relined in what I can only call poncho blanket :eek:

Looks like Donegal barleycorn to me...but if it is, it should feel soft.

Screen Shot 2023-10-29 at 12.38.30 PM.png