• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing Aero Some love

MikeyB-17

I have a lot of time for Aero. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, including my first original G-1, and several new jackets, including of course my B-3, recently seen in the ’Sophie’s choice’ thread. Always incredibly well made from superb materials. This is the last new jacket I bought, my Highwayman in FQHH. Incredibly tough, stiff and heavy, if I’m honest not the easiest thing to wear, but I’m determined to do it justice and keep on hammering it until it wears in. I’ve had it two years, and it’s gradually getting there.
8D15011F-6B9B-47A3-8CD9-2155772A178F.jpeg

Kermit3D

My good old Aero 42-18775-P in seal jerky horsehide. It's been used and abused for the past 7 years and I absolutely love it. The picture doesn't do justice to the actual weathering, though!

View attachment 116125
A-2 Aero's aren't always my favorites. But this kind of photo totally makes me reconsider my preconceptions. Your A-2 is sublime ! Jerky leather's worn is superb.
I also really like the fit.

johnwayne

All I know is that I wished I’d have bought some of Ken’s original A2’s back in the day he operated out of Battersea in London, trouble was I could never justify the £100/150 back then for a ‘battered old jacket’ - they were often always too small and I wasn’t a big guy by any means!!!

B-Man2

Burt- yours is the exception that proves the rule.That jacket looks pretty effin' good!

But- still- in general- the brutal stitching- the incorrect patterns- (on their A-2s) sorry to be the meany again...
Zu
The incorrect patterns I’m with you on, but I’m missing the brutal stitching part on this particular jacket . BTW if you’re looking for a nice looking Irvin from the Aero line . Check out the light weight Aero that Jan is wearing in one of his recent photos. As a matter of fact the Irvin on the far right in your Irvin photo looks like the one I’m talking about .

Pilot

Upfront! I love the recent Aero Irvins revamping..
Well dine and close to perfection.
I believe they want to reproduce the Links WWII originals.
However, one little detail needs improvement IMHO.. the collar stiching…
Here the correct stiching arround the collar rim/brim ( hope its the right terminology)
99EC330B-53E8-4271-AEC3-8597BB982822.jpeg

ZuZu