• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Favorite Flight Jacket, That You Actually Wore For Flying.

Brettafett

Beautiful Bushbaby, Brett.
I have a working database and I was sad to find now that she crashed 2 years ago.
Oh no! I did not know that. This was the other Bushbaby, a taildragger. Quite squirrelly!
Unfortunately one of the instructors killed himself in this a couple of years after this was taken...
05110025.jpeg

Ed Rooney

Hmmmm…I don’t seem to have any of those jackets left. I had the give back the various CWUs and CVCs. The last one to go put the door was this Avirex G-1, which I used to occasionally wear during period 4 AFTPs.

When I do manage to return to flying, I want to get one of those Nomex fleece jackets.

Attachments

• 7975E208-2864-4BC6-BA83-7156893AA936.jpeg
    7975E208-2864-4BC6-BA83-7156893AA936.jpeg
    468 KB · Views: 102

Nickb123

What a great thread. Favorite one to wear up with my dad was my Buzz L-2. Sadly I only have this photo left, which is actually a rare bird of a jacket- now defunct Aerial Star civilian A-2.

I found flying in Southern California to more often be hot and sweaty rather than A-2 weather. The sun really goes through the cockpit. Flying into Las Vegas was not fun!

3D5049BB-CE45-49B7-94C2-349E8B9789CB.jpeg

Smithy

Hard to see it but that’s my Eastman roughwear a-2 draped over the cockpit .Or should I call it the Eastman “rapid wear” and a couple cockpit shots in flight.View attachment 75383View attachment 75384View attachment 75385View attachment 75386

As a lot of the longer term members on here know, the SE (along with the Spit) is my favourite aircraft so you go to the top of the class because of that.

Nice touch with the Triplex goggles too, and although the A-2 is lovely, you should maybe change it up for a Robinson and Cleaver 1917 Pattern Sidcot or a Burberry/Gamages/Dunhill/etc flying coat ;)

Dany McDonald

Great photos, but never seen a glass nosed B-26 with a gun mount or a J model. Sure that's not a B-25J?

Grant, total typo on my part... It's Maid in the shade a B-25J for sure!

Dany