• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I pull the hammer on this ELC A-2?

Griffon_301

Cure the eye roll by having her "accidentally" notice you shopping on the Prada handbag site!

well, as she is a registered customer in the Viennese stores of all those luxurious handbag companies, she gets invitations and marketing stuff automtically ... the current situation is this that many of the luxurious stuff if "officially" not available via the net or you have to accept crazy delivery times;
special customers (and apparently she is one) are contacted though from time to time that this or that has arrived again and if she is interested..if so, an appointment is made and off we go to the store to have a look..

Silver Surfer

advice I received. many, many years ago about our friendly, furry friends. alway feed em DRY food, and according to the consensus of vets, and consumers report, your basic purina chow is as good, or better that the high end stuff. my mutts have been healthy, happy, and not fatsos feeding them purina. best of luck with Bella. I know you will do what is right for the friend.

robrinay

You can’t beat a bit of ‘retail therapy’ for making the endorphins flow and helping you to get over the grief of losing a pet. Your feeling better might also improve the health of Bella as it’s well known that dogs empathise with their carers. Explain the above to your wife and throw in a handbag of her choice and buy the jacket before someone else does. I’m being serious here - I would never joke about such matters.

Brettafett

Loss of a pet, is the same as losing a family member... Sorry Phil.
Our furry friends are magical and mesmerising creatures.

If you still like the look of that jacket, and the price is still 'right', go for it. If you change you mind down-the-line, you can always (easily ?) sell on.

Looking forward to fir pics.

johnwayne

As far as I can recall ELC have never made a repro Poughkeepsie(?) and certainly in the early days before their ‘contract’ repro’s they just made a generic interpretation based on Gary Eastman’s knowledge back in the day, possibly from his own collection and, similarly how contractors during the war would have interpreted the official spec design probably! Nonetheless what you're being offered looks nicely worn-in and maybe convince ‘her indoors’ it’s an investment - to sell on later at a profit if its that ‘reasonable’ now!! If you like it that much of course just ‘delay’ its sale!!! To support your original comment Ive two G1’s but only wear one and also I have three A2’s (1 original) but mainly only wear my GW.
Keep us posted, it does look a good buy!!!!

B-Man2

61CC7179-7810-4F0D-8521-400B8657E164.gif

Griffon_301

You guys are all really really awesome! Thank you so much for the kind and comforting words about Faye!
We have good days here and bad days, and Bella seems to be bursting with energy one day and on the next she is sad as can be .. we try to make her as happy as we can but it seems she is missing the company of another dog... Buuutttttt... We are working on that and may adopt a small Hovawart soon...I will keep you all updated :)

As for the jacket, I have made an appointment with the guy selling it and I will check it out then... He claims to have good connections to Gary himself and he had the jacket made to his personal measurements which are largely the same as mine coincidentally so the fit should be good.
If the russet HH looks half as nice as I think, I guess I will take it as he also reduced the price a little as well...
All looks good, Wednesday will be the day ;)

Watch this space!