• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I pull the hammer on this ELC A-2?

Griffon_301

Hey guys!

Got offered this ELC house A-2 in russet for a reasonable price and so I wondered what the knowledgeable people here think of this jacket... I do not need a second A-2 really as I am more looking for a WEP jacket currently, but as the seller lives nearby and the price is good, I am thinking about getting it nevertheless...

Any thoughts, advice and opinions are welcome...

Screenshot_20211212-133416_willhaben.jpg
Screenshot_20211212-133355_willhaben.jpg

Griffon_301

I am not that big into handbags I have to admit... All i need is my mobile and my Card holder, and as both fit into the trousers I wear usually there is no real need for a bag...

I think I will try and see the jacket for real tomorrow and decide then...

Does anyone of you guys here know on which contract that house ELC A-2 is based on?
What fit could I expect? My only A-2 experience comes from my RW 27752 A-2...

Silver Surfer

they are a "house" design. some elements from diff contracts. that one looks like the one to jump on. as you wrote, "reasonable price". what more is there to say? [rhetorical]

mulceber

Assuming the one on their website is the same as this one, looks like they mostly took from the Rough Wear 1401-P, but made it available in either color, got rid of the collar stand, and gave it Dubow epaulets.

Last edited:

Griffon_301

Some more info from the guy offering it just came through...according to him that jacket design is based on a Poughkeepsie contract and comes with a Crown spring back zip, oh and the jacket is 5 years old...
I am very much sold, but my SHMBO is still rolling her eyes about "not another jacket"....

B-Man2

Some more info from the guy offering it just came through...according to him that jacket design is based on a Poughkeepsie contract and comes with a Crown spring back zip, oh and the jacket is 5 years old...
I am very much sold, but my SHMBO is still rolling her eyes about "not another jacket"....
Phil
I don’t normally volunteer to intercede in domestic disputes, but in this case I’m willing to help you out and help you maintain peace with your wife . Since the jacket is a size 46 , just have your friend send me his pay pal address and I’ll remove the object of conflict from you and your wife’s dispute . No need to thank me , thats what VLJ brothers do for each other .;)

Last edited:

Griffon_301

Need a new wife more than the A-2! ;)

Nooo, i would never let her go :) after 15 years together, we know each other very well and as she is the more rational person in our home, its never a bad idea, following her advice;
basically, I would have posted pictures of me in that jacket already if there would not have been the sad story of our older dog Faye, which we had to put to sleep three weeks ago and our younger one, Bella, requiring some rather expensive veterinary care following Faye´s death; apparently she had a very nervous digestive system since she came from the shelter and now, that Faye is gone, she started to mourn missing her companion and this might have caused a rather bad case of gastritis which we are only now able to battle successfully after two and a half weeks of visits to the vet, the veterinary university and throwing out three months worth of dog food and replacing it with even more expensive special grain free stuff;
and as there will still be some more things to test early next year, I am a bit shy about spending money on something I do not really need currently....

sorry for hijacking my own thread a little bit, but still, the desire burns and I think I will sleep over it and see how I feel about spending some money on "just another jacket" tomorrow....