• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I pull the hammer on this ELC A-2?

Chandler

Hap Arnold always snapped his collar.
Isn't he the jemoke who also discontinued the A-2?

Probably because so many of his men snickered at him behind his back for looking like a nerd with his collar snapped. :D

(he also flew a lot of open cockpit flights, so he was allowed ;))

Last edited:

rob20uk

Nice looking jacket. It's hard to get the right sleeve length and those look like they will be everyday practical.

rob20uk

You are right :) the fit is really great for me and sleeve and torso length just perfect...I have to admit that I am very lucky in that regard :)
I have an Eastman A2 and the sleeves are bang on for normal standing up and looking good in the jacket, but not for driving etc. I read on this forum that is just the compromise that comes with this jacket and the original cut. The new Catch 22 mini-series that Eastman made all the jackets for is a really good program for seeing the A2 in action.

When you look at the style of dress they wore this jacket with the big wigs definitely prioritised a look smart rather than an overly comfy look. It is a fantastic jacket to have a casual shirt on with and the style feels much more like a smart blazer than an actual jacket. The G-1 definitely has that jacket feel.

Griffon_301

It is a fantastic jacket to have a casual shirt on with and the style feels much more like a smart blazer than an actual jacket. The G-1 definitely has that jacket feel.

I could not have put it into words better! The G-1/M-422a is much more practical as a jacket, but I have to admit that the A-2 definitely looks very stylish and in summer, it's a great jacket to wear just over a t-shirt or thin shirt...the Navy jackets look a bit strange in summer due to their fur collar, or so my spouse says

rob20uk

I could not have put it into words better! The G-1/M-422a is much more practical as a jacket, but I have to admit that the A-2 definitely looks very stylish and in summer, it's a great jacket to wear just over a t-shirt or thin shirt...the Navy jackets look a bit strange in summer due to their fur collar, or so my spouse says
My Eastman G-1 is still my favourites jacket though;)