• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selvedge Jeans How Many Pairs do you own ?

stanier

So... if I want the GOOD LVC where do I go, The Levi’s Stores look for made in Bulgaria label?
For you Mr Cabbie, your best bet (after lockdown of course) is probably American Classics in Endell Street. There was a specific / predominant LVC shop that was in Newburgh Street but it has closed and I'm not sure it will reopen after lockdown. If you've been to American Classics already, you'll know they're not cheap, but you can likley get to see the lvc range and try on. Do your research before you go and be clear what you want and what to expect would be my advice. Might be worth going to End Clothing and Cutch Cafe too, but to look and feel and when you know what you like order online, unless your feeling very flush! Expensive places and not LVC specific, but to compare and they do have sime good voucher code offers periodically if you keep your ear to the ground. On the same token and more then just denim, but there's a new Real McCoys store opening in London in the summer I believe. All expensive sure, but worth a drool and inspiration!;)

London Cabbie

I’ve been in AC a bit, Gary is really helpful and not pushy. I’ve seen Ken has some cone mills 1947...Real Mcoys closed down in Covent Garden, do you know where the new address might be. Again thanks for the info from Grant and yourself...

Bombing IP

Cabbie Cultizm is still in Business and they carry a lot of jean products .Here is their web site

BIP

Bombing IP

Cabbie here is another store that Grant uses its in Soho in New York .At least you can get to see whats out there .

BIP

Bombing IP

Son of a Stag

Son of a Stag is a must-visit if you’re in London and take your denim seriously. They offer a wide selection of Japanese selvedge denim and independent brands from the UK and USA including Edwin, Spellbound, Studio D’Artisan, Samurai, and Kojima. There’s also a curated selection of other clothing and footwear.

If you need your jeans altered, they even offer a complimentary hemming service, and the staff are friendly and exceedingly helpful in general.

9 Dray Walk, London, E1 6QL

Never been there but worth a butchers mate .

BIP

stanier

I’ve been in AC a bit, Gary is really helpful and not pushy. I’ve seen Ken has some cone mills 1947...Real Mcoys closed down in Covent Garden, do you know where the new address might be. Again thanks for the info from Grant and yourself...
The new Real Mccoys store I understand is going to be in Mayfair though I don't know the address. I can try and find out...

stanier

Son of a Stag

Son of a Stag is a must-visit if you’re in London and take your denim seriously. They offer a wide selection of Japanese selvedge denim and independent brands from the UK and USA including Edwin, Spellbound, Studio D’Artisan, Samurai, and Kojima. There’s also a curated selection of other clothing and footwear.

If you need your jeans altered, they even offer a complimentary hemming service, and the staff are friendly and exceedingly helpful in general.

9 Dray Walk, London, E1 6QL

Never been there but worth a butchers mate .

BIP
Great shop, but I always think finding anything is an absolute mare! Everything from all makers and brands is all bundled in together. I popped down there one lunchtime 18 minths or so ago and asked to see a Lee Archives 46 jacket, and even the guy working there couldnt find it! It's like a cross between a rammed charity shop and TK max but charging top dollar I think.

London Cabbie

I r
Stands for Levi's Vintage Collection

Many today say the 1947 501xx is the most iconic cut because it's a slimmer cut than previous years and closer to today's fashions. During the war, Levi's had to simplify the materials that went into the 501xx to meet government wartime rationing. Gone were suspender metal buttons, back cinch, arcuate stitching and some of the copper rivets. After the war the rivets and stitching re-appeared but the pattern was a slightly slimmer cut in the seat and legs as denim became not just work wear, but also part of youth fashion.

Here's a short history of the 501xx

https://www.heddels.com/2016/11/vintage-levis-501-jeans-the-ultimate-collectors-guide/
Really interesting info about the 501 @Grant, for years I have heard why the 501 was a iconic item (Nick Kamen Advert) but can see now how they can become an obsessive item for many...

blackrat2

Sorry skimming through this
Denimio is a good source of denim
The current LVC is so inferior , I have two pairs of the 44’s, crotch blows, pocket bags and that was fairly early on in the wearing in stage
I wanna try the TCB s40’s...the sizing can be wild but denim is good
I have an S40 jacket in size 44 for sale

Grant

Ah,that makes a lot more sense.
Cabbie here is another store that Grant uses its in Soho in New York .At least you can get to see whats out there .

Don't bother with Blue in Green, unless you're into hipster slim fit denim. Back in the day they carried cool vintage inspired denim by Warehouse, Full Count and Real McCoy's Lee, but times have changed.

Bombing IP

GRANT
[/QUOTE]
Don't bother with Blue in Green, unless you're into hipster slim fit denim. Back in the day they carried cool vintage inspired denim by Warehouse, Full Count and Real McCoy's Lee, but times have changed.

Thanks for that Grant .

RGDS Jeff

Bombing IP

Blackrat I have an S40 jacket in size 44 for sale .

what is the pit to pit on that S40 laid flat buttoned up ? ,I may be interested .

Rgds jeff

Hobbstc

Two currently. A pair of RRL raws that I've been working on for two years and a pair of Tom Ford (yes, he makes selvedge and no I didn't pay retail :).

bn1966

Some nice stuff in American Classics, made annual visits before Covid made an appearance. Did the Covent RMC, drooled over an early MA-1 until I found out they wanted well north of £1000, came out with a Bandana. Son of a Stag is worth a visit but as noted, expensive and a bit chaotic In lay out.

Bombing IP

Hi Blackrat unfortunately that's to small for me and its a little small for a 44" ,but thank you for taking the time to measure it .Great jacket though ! .

Rgds Jeff