• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about USN stencil at navy jackets!

asiamiles

I am asking because I have a blue BR deck hook jacket without the stencil on the back and might want to add it...I was intending to use silver paint and fade it a little by drybrushing a little bit of dark grey colour over it... But if there is a better matching colour available commercially I would rather use that....
If you really want one with a stencil might it not be better to purchase one and sell yours? Unless of course you're adept at and enjoy doing such customising and don't wish to sell it in the future, as it will devalue the jacket.

bseal

Hi all
I wonder what's the trick with the USN stencils on the back of the navy flight jacket collars. I've seen some early jackets with yellow stencil saying only US, midwar and postwar jackets with USN in white or silver, sometimes applied in the middle, sometimes on the right...
What jacket type (M422, M422a, AN6552, G1...) should have what color, shape and position of the stencil?

What's the correct color for a G&F M422a stencil? Is it white or silver?

I know, a lot of questions...
Thank you

1F2F63D1-0696-455F-B8D2-0A2D1BAD43DB.jpeg