• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice period photos (all jackets except A-2's)

Blackboxr1200S

From the ELC FB page

Wartime photographs of damaged flight jackets and clothing collected for repair and the Flight Clothing stores at Thorpe Abbotts, home of the “Bloody Hundredth”.
ELC.jpg

ELC1.jpg

Enigma1938

Here in Germany you'll pay around 1000 - 1500 € for a good preserved complete original ww2 german steel helmet, if from the SS the price can increase up to 2500.
So you can imagine what that pile would be worth today.
I have a few of that pots in my collection but fortunately I bought them many many years ago when the prices were better...

Adama36

Here in Germany you'll pay around 1000 - 1500 € for a good preserved complete original ww2 german steel helmet, if from the SS the price can increase up to 2500.
I have a few of that pots in my collection but fortunately I bought them many many years ago when the prices were better...
ironically, if they were that many left, they would not be that be that expensive (supply and demand ...)

Chandler

What about one from the Munich Fire Department? :)

Seriously, I stood on a sidewalk in Munich and watched a fire truck scream by -- 3 or 4 firemen wearing the old helmets. Painted yellow, IIRC.

Smithy

Crazy money now. I have a Waffen-SS M42 with oakleaf cover which I'm only keeping because of the prices. I'll sell it when the prices are even more stratospheric.

Enigma1938

Crazy money now. I have a Waffen-SS M42 with oakleaf cover which I'm only keeping because of the prices. I'll sell it when the prices are even more stratospheric.
Yeah, I think I can add good money to my pension in the future with that stuff also

Enigma1938

What about one from the Munich Fire Department? :)

Seriously, I stood on a sidewalk in Munich and watched a fire truck scream by -- 3 or 4 firemen wearing the old helmets. Painted yellow, IIRC.
The design of the shell may be the same but they are made of plastic and worth around 50 bucks, nothing someone will care about.

Smithy

That's what people collecting baseball cards, comic books and beanie babies were saying 20-30 years ago ....

No idea about baseball cards (I'm a cricket man) or any of that other stuff you mentioned, but Waffen-SS clobber is climbing in value at a huge rate, has been for quite a time now and will almost certainly continue to.