• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New repro maker

Roughwear

The A2 jacket featured uses the un-named label which was a Doniger contract. It is a little like a Doniger with the pointed collar, but has a collar stand, so as the blurb says it's not really based on any specific original A2. The price is quite a lot lower than top end repros, so there is definitely a market for it. Now all we need is for someone to buy one and evaluate it.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
Well I think you guys like A-2s too much.
Maybe I should try to make a A-2 repros.
All I need is some originals to copy the pattern from, some impossible to find horsehide, impossible to find mil spec zippers, impossible to find wool knit cuffs, impossible to find mil spec labels, impossible to find cotton liner, impossible to find mil spec snaps. Then I will start looking for impossible to find customers. Well, if it's not impossible then it's not a good challenge anyway.

Piece of cake huh, why not?

ausreenactor

Well done!! Very impressive website. We have all seen what can happen when a motivated collector & bespoke jacket maker launches a website!! And JC has done pretty well too!! ;) Great work!! Added to favourites...

Couchy

MikeyB-17

I actually like the look of that! I think a Goodwear is out of my league, and Eastman are going the same way, but I could see myself going for one of those, especially when the seal brown comes out. That looks better than a lot of repros I've seen. Like the site too-love the way the zip moves up and down to scroll.

Marv

Can't see anything related to an A2 - the link just takes me to a web stats page :?

blethook

The website & the jackets look excellent!!

I have to agree that for people like myself the fit would be the most important thing.

The options at the moment seem to be very limited (only russet HH with the orange lining).

Personally, I would prefer an A-2 without the collarstand myself.

B.

pipvh

I think they look good - I like the Greek angle too, from a personal point of view. Might wait and see what the seal looks like. The price is tempting, and there's something right about the look as well.

Having said that, I know next to nothing about A-2s except for bad repros and a few very beaten-up originals.

bseal

Terrific website!

I hereby nominate John Lever as our official VLJ guinea pig. Mr. Lever has only recently begun his foray into A-2 collecting, a few high tiered repros admirably now adorn his closets, his perceptions keen as he still maintains a fresh perspective associated with the welcomed beginner's mindset, and his finances are strong. Go John!

All in favor, say aye.

SuinBruin

Looks pretty good, especially at that price point. The points on the pocket flaps are a little too sharp, IMO, but that's picking at nits. From the photos alone it seems like it could be a serious competitor for Gibson & Barnes and US Authentic... same price range, more "authentic" look. The web site itself isn't bad, either.

I'd definitely be curious to hear a first hand review. Any plans for long sizes?

Vcruiser

bseal said:
Terrific website!

I hereby nominate John Lever as our official VLJ guinea pig. Mr. Lever has only recently begun his foray into A-2 collecting, a few high tiered repros admirably now adorn his closets, his perceptions keen as he still maintains a fresh perspective associated with the welcomed beginner's mindset, and his finances are strong. Go John!

All in favor, say aye.

Baaaa..er I mean...aye..!

Andrew

bseal said:
Terrific website!

All in favor, say aye.
Go JL!