• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New repro maker

wheat1479

They emailed me the inches of a size 38. shoulders 18,chest 22.5 and sleeve is 25 inches.Im waiting on the measurements for a size 36

blethook

That's generous for a size 38. The measurements provided are more like those of a size 40-42...

I thought they were following the original fit/cut :?

wheat1479 said:
They emailed me the inches of a size 38. shoulders 18,chest 22.5 and sleeve is 25 inches.Im waiting on the measurements for a size 36

A

Anonymous

PLATON wrote:
Well I think you guys like A-2s too much.
Maybe I should try to make a A-2 repros.
All I need is some originals to copy the pattern from, some impossible to find horsehide, impossible to find mil spec zippers, impossible to find wool knit cuffs, impossible to find mil spec labels, impossible to find cotton liner, impossible to find mil spec snaps. Then I will start looking for impossible to find customers. Well, if it's not impossible then it's not a good challenge anyway.

Piece of cake huh, why not?

Hi guys,

David, you got me.
I am indeed behind this project. The truth is that the idea make A-2 jackets came to me even before JC started GW. (Can explain how later). I had already ordered some of the materials when read with surpise JC's first long post with photos from his prototypes. I realized then that JC was way ahead of me, but money has been already spent so it was impossible to stop. The research for the rest of the materials became even more difficult and lengthy (more than I ever imagined) as I can assure you that none of the parts in an A-2 is easy to find. Fyi the jackets are not made by myself but by a professional maker who is also responsible for the procurement of the skins. I supplied everything else. We made various prototypes until the right leather and cut was established. We aimed for a cheap price and we're even cheaper than US Wings HH jacket. I am proud to say this is the 'best value for money' quality repro one can buy today, (even if it is not a copy of any existing contract).

Sorry, I didn't want to say anything earlier as I wanted first to see what would be your unbiased opinion.
Glad you guys like the site and all.

Regards,

A

Anonymous

Thanks David,

It really is as if you designed it yourselves... as most of the info/data used in the development came from in here (and from Marc). Everybody in here contributed, without knowing they did, so big thanks to all.

pipvh

t really is as if you designed it yourselves... as most of the info/data used in the development came from in here (and from Marc). Everybody in here contributed, without knowing they did, so big thanks to all.
Discount for forum members, then? ;)

Seriously, looking forward to the seal brown. How dark is it going to be?

A

Anonymous

How dark you guys want it?
Medium (chocolate) brown? or Dark Seal brown?

marco77

I am very impatient to see the dark seal brown too .... Will you make nametag and AAF decal on jackets ?
I keep the website on my favorites !!! ;)

Marco

Andrew

Looks good Platon, and your website- congratualtions.

Are you able to post any pics of someone wearing one of your creations? It's always easier to get a good impression from a shot of it being worn.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your kind words guys.
Right now we 're short on nametag and decal supplies, but yes they could be offered.
I was always more inclined towards a dark chocolate brown (kind like the new 27752 of ELC) as the very dark seal often gets confused for black. (Actually from a distance, it looks like black).

Why don't you guys please post a photo of how dark you want it?

The jackets without collar stand is a future project, when more models will be added to the selection.

hillcpa

Nice looking jacket, Platon.

For what it's worth, I'll put in my vote for a chocolate seal--not the super dark, almost black seal. When it comes to russet, though, I prefer a darker shade. It seems to me that repro makers often err on the dark side for seal and the light side for russet. Understanding, of course, that originals were all over the place.

pipvh

Personally, I like the really almost black seal, as in the RMNZ/Few 'Great Escape' jackets, because I like the way the underlying brown comes through the very dark upper layer. I'm much less keen on the almost russet seals.

But that's just me.

Btw, are the jackets made in Greece, and if so, where?

delta102uk

PLATON said:
How dark you guys want it?
Medium (chocolate) brown? or Dark Seal brown?

Something like this would be nice....I would also prefer a jacket with out a collar stand...

08220507_4a8efe9de9071.jpg

Sean K

A

Anonymous

Personally, I like the really almost black seal, as in the RMNZ/Few 'Great Escape' jackets, because I like the way the underlying brown comes through the very dark upper layer. I'm much less keen on the almost russet seals.

But that's just me.

Btw, are the jackets made in Greece, and if so, where?

The jackets are made here in Greece by a guy who is half Greek half Italian
and is in the business for 25 years or so.

I guess, the seal brown color will depend on availability after all.