• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on buying my first Irvin!!

elfraty

We had a User here (name forgotten) a little while ago who was so happy with his noble house irvin. If accuracy isn't that important it could be a relatively cheap option. I visited their store a few times and I can say that their sheepskin is actually pretty nice and keeps super warm.
It was me...

elfraty

here the fleece of the noble house "Irvin" looks still a bit fluffy. I treated it a bit with green soap and walked in the rain a few times. Now the fleece has completely changed and looks like a much older fleece type. The Jacket is very warm and feels comfortable. The leather has a dull look, very nice actually to my opinion. Bought it oversized because that's my thing. And it has pockets. And I never use them....

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-09-05 at 09.59.24 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-05 at 09.59.24 (3).jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 157

elfraty

here the fleece of the noble house "Irvin" looks still a bit fluffy. I treated it a bit with green soap and walked in the rain a few times. Now the fleece has completely changed and looks like a much older fleece type. The Jacket is very warm and feels comfortable. The leather has a dull look, very nice actually to my opinion. Bought it oversized because that's my thing. And it has pockets. And I never use them....
And if I buy an Irvin again, it will be without pockets.

London Cabbie

Exterior pockets on an Irvin would be of little use , much in the same way the pocket on a B-3 is of little effective use for anything other than a few small items . Instead you would have to have pocket entry slits cut into the sides of the jacket with interior pockets on the inside of the jacket . Just an opinion .View attachment 67794
Or G-1 type Internal canvas pocket breast

London Cabbie

I don't mind thicker fur, or even paying a good amount of money (not ELC prices though) since it will definitely last me a very long time. It's the pockets situation more than anything that makes me hesitate. I'm based in London, England just for reference
I would go for the very best you can afford, IF this is your favourite type of ‘MUST HAVE’ jacket. Spend less on jackets you simply ‘like’

MrProper

If it is to be inexpensive, then there would be only one solution for me at the moment: FiveStar Leather. Beautiful shearling, good workmanship and the good reproduction of an original (should I not mix it up).
If money is no object, then of course there are several alternatives.