• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside Cockpit USA

B-Man2

@B-Man2 and @Pa12 -- do your jackets have wool knits (they look like it)? Mine are some sort of wool-cotton blend with elastic that hasn't given up the ghost, but is close.
Definitely wool but just noticed that the original waist knits and the original cuff knits look like a different weave pattern … huh!
IMG_1964.jpeg

Pa12

I’ve told the story several times, but here we go again. In my single days , my first A2 Avirex I used to wear it riding my Harley. One Friday night I stopped by a bar. I left with a girl who wanted a ride on the bike. I let her wear my jacket and I road her home. Stayed the night and left the next morning but forgot the jacket. Never saw the girl or the jacket again. Somewhere there’s a 75 year old woman who occasionally thinks about that guy she met on a Harley, every time she opens her closet and sees an Avirex A2 !!:D
My goodness. Pre marital sex. Only a hoodllum in a leather jacket. ;)

Pa12

Did the guys across the pond indulge in the Avirex experience? I seem to recall them having a store in France.

B-Man2

Pa12

Do you remember how much yours was new and when? I was thinking my first one in 85 was around 200 and the one in 88 was 300, but the memory has faded.

Pa12

Mine has a lot of wear on all the edges and high spots.
But the noisiest jacket I’ve ever seen. Creaking and squeaking like an old ship. I don’t know if that’s a cowhide thing or something from the tanning process. Sounds like an old motorcycle jacket.

Chandler

But the noisiest jacket I’ve ever seen. Creaking and squeaking like an old ship. I don’t know if that’s a cowhide thing or something from the tanning process. Sounds like an old motorcycle jacket.
Well, at least mine's quiet. :D