• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside Cockpit USA

Pa12

B-Man2

Mines had pretty extensive wear in the 5 years I wore it. As soon as I dug it out my wife said “why don’t you ever wear that one?”
Tell her it’s a rare vintage one that goes up in value every year and you don’t want to do anything that might possibly damage it.
Works for me every time !!:D

Pa12

Whether you love em ……or whether you hate em .. if you’re a true collector .. they are part of the history, development and the lineage of repro A2 jackets. Personally I like mine . View attachment 131435View attachment 131437View attachment 131439
You’re absolutely right. When I bought my first I was buying the jacket I always wanted. Kicked my ass for not exchanging for the next size up but it was just such an expensive ordeal at the time. But I roughed it out for 3 or 4 years looking like the Incredible Hulk, busting at the seams. If it had fit, I doubt I would’ve ever looked at another jacket. It was only my disappointment in the second one that started my 30 year anil obsession with finding the perfect one. Interesting that it’s a 44 ,same as my gw’s and fit the same.

Pa12

Whether you love em ……or weather you hate em .. if you’re a true collector .. they are part of the history, development and the lineage of repro A2 jackets. Personally I like mine . View attachment 131435View attachment 131437View attachment 131439
Yours looks mint. Mine looks ridden hard and put away wet. In the days of one jacket and only one jacket. Had a suit for weddings and funerals and my A-2 for everything else. Kind of miss those days.

B-Man2

Yours looks mint. Mine looks ridden hard and put away wet. In the days of one jacket and only one jacket. Had a suit for weddings and funerals and my A-2 for everything else. Kind of miss those days.
I’ve told the story several times, but here we go again. In my single days , my first A2 Avirex I used to wear it riding my Harley. One Friday night I stopped by a bar. I left with a girl who wanted a ride on the bike. I let her wear my jacket and I road her home. Stayed the night and left the next morning but forgot the jacket. Never saw the girl or the jacket again. Somewhere there’s a 75 year old woman who occasionally thinks about that guy she met on a Harley, every time she opens her closet and sees an Avirex A2 !!:D

Pa12

Around 1990 -- and yeah, I remember because of unpleasant incidents in my life. Let's just say I suddenly had the extra cash to spend on a $400 jacket. ;)
Any time I bought something my ex wife had to have something of equal value. Yeah, one of those. Made buying expensive jackets “very “ expensive.

Pa12

I’ve told the story several times, but here we go again. In my single days , my first A2 Avirex I used to wear it riding my Harley. One Friday night I stopped by a bar. I left with a girl who wanted a ride on the bike. I let her wear my jacket and I road her home. Stayed the night and left the next morning but forgot the jacket. Never saw the girl or the jacket again. Somewhere there’s a 75 year old woman who occasionally thinks about that guy she met on a Harley every time she opens her closet and sees an Avirex A2 !!:D
Bitch!;)

Chandler

Interesting that it’s a 44 ,same as my gw’s and fit the same.
Mine is a 44 because Avirex said to size-up from vintage sizing. Yet, it always felt small and constricting in the shoulders. I usually wear it over a t-shirt when I pull it out, but not my optimal fit.

Chandler

This was obviously before horses found out about grain .
Isn't mine older than yours? :p

Seriously, I wish I could find a Cockpit catalog where they warned customers about the graininess and scarring on old HH. If you look at the sleeve on mine you can see veterinarian's stitch of some laceration to the poor horse that supplied the hide for my jacket.

Chandler

@B-Man2 and @Pa12 -- do your jackets have wool knits (they look like it)? Mine are some sort of wool-cotton blend with elastic that hasn't given up the ghost, but is close.

Pa12

Mine are some kind of polyester I think. Though I think they hold up better than wool. I wore mine hard for 5 years and the knits are still fine. Mine is cowhide, before pony skin was available.