• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Free A-2 Jacket from Bill Kelso

A

Anonymous

Keep writing in the "What's your inventory?" thread.
Later on BK will have a draw and a free jacket will be sent to the winner.

We thought of making it a contest, but most if not all answers have been given by ELC's new book.
So guess a draw will be fine.

Persimmon

PLATON said:
Keep writing in the "What's your inventory?" thread.
Later on BK will have a draw and a free jacket will be sent to the winner.

We thought of making it a contest, but most if not all answers have been given by ELC's new book.
So guess a draw will be fine.

A lovely sentiment but perhaps rather than give a free jacket to all the folks who have lots of jackets (hence listing them) maybe its passed out to the most deserving story offered.

Maybe there is someone a member knows -an old Vet for example who would love a jacket to remember his days in the service but who may well not be in a financial position to afford one.

Just a thought

A

Anonymous

BK had a plan to put an ad somewhere, but then thought to give a free jacket would be a better idea, as at least someone will win something, instead of all of you looking at a picture ad.

Please remember this free jacket is offered in the context of advertising which is why the participants of this draw are BK's potential customers.

Alan, your idea is very nice, but that would perhaps qualify as charity. If the winner later wishes to donate the jacket elsewhere, that would be his option.

The prize will be an A-2 jacket made of Victory horse.

Almagnifico

I already have two Bill Kelso... Two Rough Wear in russet.
I nearly by another on... The Dubow.
If I win, then, I will have 4 BK jacket... And only, Bill Kelso. For me, the best A2 regarding the quality and the price.

dmar836

I agree with Alan.

For me, "I was born a poor black child........"

Actually, just stuff the ballot box for me.

FlyingYankee

Well I've given free my G-1 to a new Army soldier. He is in Germany now and says he gets lots of compliments from the locals

PaulGT3

A lovely sentiment but perhaps rather than give a free jacket to all the folks who have lots of jackets (hence listing them) maybe its passed out to the most deserving story offered.

Maybe there is someone a member knows -an old Vet for example who would love a jacket to remember his days in the service but who may well not be in a financial position to afford one.

Just a thought

With all due respect sir, some of us aren't blessed with closets full of jackets rather we fight to collect one or two. So whilst some of you may be lucky to have many, there are those of us who have few, or any as I saw in one post.

fleet16b

A great idea and a bit of fun also :)
I have never seen a BK in person but they look good in the pics I have seen
Need to add one to my inventory and its great to have a chance at a free one thru a lottery

Thanks

unclegrumpy

fleet16b said:
Its great to have a chance at a free one thru a lottery
Really, is that what this is?

PLATON said:
Please remember this free jacket is offered in the context of advertising which is why the participants of this draw are BK's potential customers.
I am not a potential BK customer, so I will not be participating. Without some rules to insure fairness, this looks like a marketing stunt that does not belong on this Forum. BK can do as he pleases on his website, but I don't think this is appropriate here.

That said, I would suggest either calling this off and forgetting about it, or devising a fair and unbiassed way of collecting the names and drawing them. IMO, to avoid any possible claims of favoritism, manipulation, or hints corruption, this drawing should be made independently of BK, and administered by someone with no ties to any of the parties involved.

Yes, I am no fun. However, this is exactly the type of thing that without some transparency and rules risks making people made at one another.

chamboid

unclegrumpy said:
fleet16b said:
Its great to have a chance at a free one thru a lottery
Really, is that what this is?

PLATON said:
I am not a potential BK customer, so I will not be participating. Without some rules to insure fairness, this looks like a marketing stunt that does not belong on this Forum. BK can do as he pleases on his website, but I don't think this is appropriate here.

That said, I would suggest either calling this off and forgetting about it, or devising a fair and unbiassed way of collecting the names and drawing them. IMO, to avoid any possible claims of favoritism, manipulation, or hints corruption, this drawing should be made independently of BK, and administered by someone with no ties to any of the parties involved.

Yes, I am no fun. However, this is exactly the type of thing that without some transparency and rules risks making people made at one another.

Or everyone is intelligent enough and grown up enough to accept it for what it is. A bit if fun and a free jacket?

As for advertising, the forum has had advertising, Aces High, to Andrews project. Every time someone posts a jacket with a positive review, or someone say 'Gee, GW have done it again, just like an original' it is advertising. And how much of that do we know to be unbiased?

BK has had a fun idea. Ballots are always fun. And only one person wins. If some one with loads of jackets wins, fine. If some one few jackets wins great, if some one without a BK jacket wins, then they have just one a jacket from a maker they might not have thought of off the bat, but will in future.

It's a game that costs the participants nothing. Enjoy it

unclegrumpy

You make the assumption that this "contest" is a fair one....what do you base that on?

Your comments about bringing up jacket reviews is off topic. BK has plenty of reviews on this Forum, and I am sure will get plenty more....and just like Goodwear, Eastman, and the other makers, some will be honest and some will be humped up.

You say this "game costs the participants nothing", maybe, but maybe not. I'll let you think about that one.

A

Anonymous

Yep, leave $500 on your way out.
You got us.
That's the catch. No admission, but if you don't put 5 x $100 bills in the slot the door does not open and you can't get out. You are locked in here forever. And if you refuse to pay then Darth Vader comes and chokes you to death.

*Joking*

Why can't we ever do something good one time without someone becoming suspicious?
I explained that instead of throwing money on a photo in an aviation magazine that is read by 70,000 people every month, thought to give one free jacket to one of the guys here. It was my idea, because I like the friendly atmosphere here in this small group of people and enjoy reading your posts and spend some pleasant time while having a cup of coffee.

Someone, even you, could win this jacket. What's so bad about that?
There's no catch.

alabama

I have one 35 year old Aviation Leather Craft A2, OK not so accurate but i am never throwing
it away. Will one day be able to afford a better repo. hers hoping.