• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC Anj-4 fleece depth ?

John Lever

Geir,
Now that is really cold.
Can we see some pics of the older Irvin ?
I remember that Aero B-3 did have very thick wool.

Geir

John,
it is cold. What happened to global warming? I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow as it's dark now and I don't like using the flash.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Robbie the Whippet certainly has the right idea, and apparently better bladder control than the big woolly black poodle.

Geir

The big black poodle passed away about a year and a half ago at the age of 12. We still have a big grey poodle who is 10 and who nearly died because of an infection just before Christmas. She is OK now. Then there's another whippet called Aggie. They're both young and when they're outdoors they run around like maniacs in the snow.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I'm sorry to hear about the black poodle, even if I did only know him/her as an avatar ... and glad that Aggie made it okay.

The poodles have such an advantage over the whippets with their Winter wardrobes, coming as they do, with their own shearling. :cool:

John Lever

I have the old russet trimmed jacket back now.
The fleece depth is 10 mm in the arms and 18 to 20 mm on the body panels.

John Lever

bristolherc said:
John Lever said:
I have the old russet trimmed jacket back now.
The fleece depth is 10 mm in the arms and 18 to 20 mm on the body panels.

Bingo
Yes Bevan,
I think the jacket I rejected was made from arm material skins....

I know we have been here before but why fix something when it's not broken ?

RichardP

Just measured my Lost Worlds ANJ4 and it has fairly uniform depth of 25mm, including the sleeves. I find the jacket warm even on the coldest days here in Montreal. The pile depth in the sleeves is a little restrictive but it keeps out the cold.