• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman BS, Horse-pucky, and a Hornswaggle

Chandler

Here's a question, and apologies if I've missed the answer in discussion, but what was hanging off Hiltz's baseball glove?

I haven't watched the movie on my big, flat screen since we got it, so I've never been able to make it out.

P-47 thunderbolt

Image_01.jpg

Image_07.jpg

Image_12.jpg

https://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Aged_RW_by_GoodWear/

P-47 thunderbolt

I'm in the middle of a project myself - with thanks to blackrat2. I simply wasn't wearing it enough as the colour wasn't dark enough for me, so I decided to redye my GW27752. Having redyed a2s I the past I knew I could do it to a good standard so bit the bullet as I've always wanted a redye roughwear ever since seeing the great escape as a teenager.
I will do a proper post when I get the time.
20221111_140014.jpg

Micawber

I'm in the middle of a project myself - with thanks to blackrat2. I simply wasn't wearing it enough as the colour wasn't dark enough for me, so I decided to redye my GW27752. Having redyed a2s I the past I knew I could do it to a good standard so bit the bullet as I've always wanted a redye roughwear ever since seeing the great escape as a teenager.
View attachment 88915

Looks good. Been there, done that. What make / type of dye did you use?

Last edited:

bseal

View attachment 88915

Very nice, but can you dye the knits Khaki green too just like The Great Escape Artist postulated?

P-47 thunderbolt

Looks good. Been there, done that. What make / type of dye did you use?
I used fiebings stuff to start with but had a green tinge to it. I mixed some shoe redying stuff from the coblers that I've used before. Dylon I believe. Seems pretty good replication of 40s polyacrelate, I matched it to an original redye I have.

Last edited: