• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D1 vs B6 - which shearling to get?!

omarco

Well I threw caution to the wind and placed my order with Paddy at RMNZ a few days ago, my D1 is with the cutters this week and hopefully being shipped at the end of the week... stoked :)

omarco

definitely, we don't seem too see many RMNZ shearlings around this place. The ones that do pop up look excellent though...

stanier

My Eastman D-1 is one of my favourite jackets, and they wear really nicely.

Omarco, you may get lucky on import fees. I buy regularly from overseas, but mainly from Japan and US. Some stuff sales through customs and other stuff just gets stuck and the fees pile on. No pattern to it at all. It's most frustrating when an item takes a couple of days to come half way round the world just to languish for a couple of weeks with the faceless customs folks at Parcel Farce.

Good luck with your purchase and can't wait to see the pics.

This time next year Mindful and yourself will be looking at B-3's. It's a well trodden path...!

airfrogusmc

omarco said:
definitely, we don't seem too see many RMNZ shearlings around this place. The ones that do pop up look excellent though...

Their sheepskins are outstanding! I had a duo tones B-3 a few years ago that I bought from a forum member and sold to one. I can't remember who bought that B-3 but it was really a nice jacket and I would love to see some photos of how it looks now.

airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc said:
omarco said:

Their sheepskins are outstanding! I had a duo tone B-3 a few years ago that I bought from a forum member and sold to one. I can't remember who bought that B-3 but it was really a nice jacket and I would love to see some photos of how it looks now.

John Lever

airfrogusmc said:
omarco said:

Their sheepskins are outstanding! I had a duo tones B-3 a few years ago that I bought from a forum member and sold to one. I can't remember who bought that B-3 but it was really a nice jacket and I would love to see some photos of how it looks now.

RM just seem to add that 'something' that no-one else can. The combination of great patterns, materials and workmanship make them superb. I have been looking for a size 44 B-3 for years and years. They never come up for sale as their owners just keep them. I did have a 46 but it was too big.
I love this -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110784137103? ... 1423.l2649
What a great jacket, amazing sheepskin.

stanier

omarco said:
Well I threw caution to the wind and placed my order with Paddy at RMNZ a few days ago, my D1 is with the cutters this week and hopefully being shipped at the end of the week... stoked :)

Omarco, has it arrived?

omarco

well i'm glad to say it actually arrived just before christmas but i haven't had a chance to do any pics yet.... i'm really really pleased with it! have been wearing it non stop :D

mindful

im still waiting to see it man ive been wearing my d1 ever since and im loving every minute of it :)

omarco

here a few quick and dirty phone pics, i'm afraid they don't do it justice. i'd do some fit pics aswell but my girlfriend is already looking at me funny for posting pics of my jacket on the internet :)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

The cut, fit and the quality of materials is fantastic. I think the fit is just about perfect for me which was a relief as i wouldn't want to send it back!

oh and this thing feels totally bullet proof. The leather trim is thick and sturdy and the sheepskin is nice and dense, doesn't seem to fluffy.

mindful

loving it the quality on the main leather looks slightly thicker than mine and i like the talon zipper very nice jacket. i had to people ask me about my jacket today, just holla me when you wanna do a swap ;) by the way did you have to pay customs tax and what was the damage if you don't mind me asking

ButteMT61

D1 seal, B6 redskin. You need both :)
Took me a while to get my wife off my back for posting jacket pics. She just snickers and says "Star Wars" It's our home codeword for "NERD!" Apropos. :lol: