• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR L2A - Help?

ausreenactor

Gents...

DSC02472.jpg

Here is the BR Superior Togs L-2A with the green knits...I decided to whack on the CWO-3or4 depending on the website you go to. Wikipedia has it as CWO-4 and that is what they were labelled as. As we know USAF killed the 4500 Warrant Officers in 1958 and turned them all into Command Senior Master Chief Senior Command Master Sergeants or something like that. 'Top' is so much easier... I am watching a Japanese Bullion Aircrew wing, but I could get a brown leather name plate(minus the velcro) and slide it into one of the five mint plastic sleeves for the L-2A and K-2B flight jacket/suits that I won today on ebay. Damn you Early Jet age! Built a F-84E Thunderjet to painting stage on the weekend. Bought Discovery doco on the F-84 and bought 'The Hunters' about the USAF in Korea.

Can get the flight badge with Basic/Senior Aircrew wing, and name only...in order to avoid doubling up on rank..Or can pull the rank...

I have Rosemary Dery doing a 9th TFS patch at the moment, as I could not get onto Jerome. Have another one in mind after I see her handiwork. I am thinking the newly applied CWO-4 tabs will come off quite easy. Made sure the stitch count would allow a quick undo. Major rank over the top of the where they were would even indicate 'promotion holes'.

Roomy sleeves...But great weight for Townsville..

Regards..(and apologies for hijacking input on the post)

Couchy

Tim P

nice. wouldnt mind first refusal if it ever loses favour... did you say it was in my size?

ausreenactor

It is a 44. Came with the tags. Not sure if it came about as a B&E trophy? Seller did not know what she had. Selling for a friend apparently. Not a mark on it, not smoky and no man funk. As good as new!!

Well I have just ordered a name plate(2) for Maj Marlyn C. Ford Jr. He is MIA from the Korean War and was a flyer with the 9th FBS. Went Senior Pilot wing for the MAJ. Will get Rosemary Dery to do some MAJ rank on some leather squares ala Buzz Ricksons. Leather on L-2A is pretty legit apparently..

Couchy

stanier

I too would like a BR L2a, and reading through this I'm now confused on what size to order. I have two BR B15C's and they're both 40's and fit just perfect. Without this thread I would have just ordered a 40.

Is there any chance one of you kind folks with the Superior Togs jacket could post a few measurements please?

Many thanks

Members online

Latest posts