• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR L2A - Help?

NW Carver

Yes, it was the Kings Road number I was after but its not working unfortunately! Having talek to HPA, they only have size's 42-44inch, with the blue liner, in stock - too big for me! :(

They have agreed to see if they could order one of these direct from Buzz in Japan for me but are not certain if they are still doing the olive drab liner version :(

Does anybody have any ideas for an easier route of acquiring one of these? Does anybody have one in good condition that they want to sell size 38inch (I am a 40 1/2 inch chest with a T shirt on and these jackets are baggy)?

Ta

HHjackets

NW Carver said:
Yes, it was the Kings Road number I was after but its not working unfortunately! ...

the american classics store in king's road is not in business any more.
their covent garden store is in business (i just called them):
20 endell st, london wc2h 9bd
tel: 0207 831 1210

they have a few br jackets in stock and will be getting more in september.

NW Carver

Well - went to American Classics and they had a L2A by BR size 40, tried it on and it was too big! :( Which means I am a size 38 in BR jackets.....hoever they had nothing else left...

HPA do not have my size in stock either but have offered to get one in at their next stock input in the autumn (fall) and this will be the 2008 BR L2A with the blue liner - I can pay half now half when it arrives - £225 in total including shipping then I will have to pay inport tax...

Now my dilemma is this, I like the BR L2A with the olive drab liner better than the one with the blue liner, however I am being told that this was a limited run and it appears no more of this stock will be coming...The only one of these left is the Eastman one, size 36, which I have tried on and sent back - this fits but is slightly tight under the armpits (pinching a little bit) and a bit snug at the front waist, although not too tight - it actually looks better done up at the bottom, when left open it does look a little small...the cost on this one is £169

Now, do I keep the one from Eastman, as I prefer this one and its hard to get but its tight to wear or do I get one that fits better but is not the one that I prefer - although its still a L2A...?? :D

Help please!! :D

Or if anyone has one for sale in size 38 then I would like to buy....

HHjackets

the one from eastman is not the right size, why would you want to buy a jacket that does not fit properly, you'll just end up being told by people: "nice jacket, you should have got one size bigger, this one looks a bit small/tight."

you could buy the one that fits better if you think you can live with the liner and enjoy wearing it until the one you prefer comes along.

if you must have a l2a, buy the correct size (whatever the liner)
if you must have a l2a with the olive drab liner, wait for one with the olive drab liner to turn up (no guarrantee!).

NW Carver

Thanks HH - your talking sense there, typical me getting carried away with wanting the olive drab lining version.... :D

Guess, all I can do is order the one from HPA for the autumn (fall) and ask if they can try to get the blue/olive drab liner version, rather than the blue/blue liner version, while they are out buying them in Japan....unless somebody on the forum has one to sell? :lol:

Alternatively, I could go for the earlier L2....

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
NW Carver said:
Which means I am a size 38 in BR jackets.........

Now don't be assuming that, Nigel ... you could end up in more trouble.

SOME of the BR nylon jackets can be roomy, but it's not consistant throughout the breed. My L-2 is also a 38, and fits fine, but my others are a Medium, and two 40's.

And what HH said ... buy the one that fits.

NW Carver

:D Thanks, deeb, I must admit I don't have much experiance of the BR Nylon jacket range hence this has been a steep learning curve! :lol:

So, I am a 38inch in a BR L2-A....if only I could get the one that I want now...

I have seen the version that I want on a Japanese online store website - however its the 'badged up' version and I would prefer a plain vrs..

Tim P

trawl like a bitch and you will find one. make it known what you are after and it will come to you. dont wait for your ship to come in, row out and meet it. associate with japanese enthusiasts who can be watchful on your behalf. dont bother with a too small jacket, it will never do. the choice to have a blue lined one, a standard one in other words, or a non standard is a tough one and I can see it bugging me in such circumstances.
I would like one in a 44-46 with OD knits, like I like the B10's with rust knits. I think getting one and upgrading and augmenting with what you really want when it is either remanufactured or comes up second hand may well give you the best of both worlds. one could then have some tasteful mods as a badgy jacket whilst the other remained plain or it could be passed on.
Tim

ausreenactor

Tim..

You missed a new with tags BR L-2A Size 44 for US$260 three weeks ago on eBay!! WITH the Green Knits. It's in my wardrobe now. Waiting on a Rosemary Dery Korean War 9th Fighter Bomber Squadron patch to whack on it. Tried to get hold of Jerome, but nothing heard in a while. Still have an ELC Air Comfort awaiting art with him..

Would you like a pic when done?? OR now as is??

Couchy

NW Carver

Thanks, Tim - wise words, in that case I may go for the 'badged up' version for now! Any idea of a dealer/seller that I can go through for this one?

Thank you! :D

NW Carver

Great! Thanks David :D - will check this one out, maybe they will have a unpatched one hangiing around somewhere... :D According to their website, you need to call them - do they not accept email orders?

Kind regards

greyhound52

NW Carver said:
Great! Thanks David :D - will check this one out, maybe they will have a unpatched one hangiing around somewhere... :D According to their website, you need to call them - do they not accept email orders?

Kind regards

I have emailed them and ordered buzz stuff from them with great success. They may be able to get one for you.

NW Carver

Many thanks Greyhound, do you have the email address as I can't seem to find it on their site? :D

Thank you everyone for all your help on this!

Tim P

OMG, a black tanker jacket. :eek:
£177 before postage. :)
they only go up to a 40. :(
more needless expenditure avoided. ;)

Black B10's are a nice idea too.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
NW Carver said:
... :D According to their website, you need to call them - do they not accept email orders?

If you go back to the home page, there's a link, top left .... Overseas Mail Order.

We can ship to virtually any address
in the world.
Please use this.
At first, write your country and full name, please.
And then, we'll send the email which wrote the condition of an overseas mail order.
[email protected]