• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BR L2A - Help?

NW Carver

Hi Everyone

Finally bought a BR L2A from Eastman, to go alongside my Brent Sportswear version which is a little tight (19inch armpit to armpit). Went for the 42inch as only one they had that should match my size - very suprised to find this was massive at a whopping 25inches armpit to armpit - making 50inches overall! This thing drowned me!

For ref, I am a 39-41inch chest with shirt/t-shirt on.

Having talked to Eastman, the 36inch (the only one they have left) measures 20 1/2inches armpit to armpit, making 41inches overall - which should fit better, I have now sent for this.

Do all BR L2As (and their jackets) come up like this or is this just parculiar to the L2A design?

Ta

269sqnhudson

I had to size down to a 44 on my BR L-2 (superior togs corp.), I measure 47 and am a snug fit in an ELC 46 A-2 but my 44 L-2 was perfect

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
NW Carver said:
Do all BR L2As (and their jackets) come up like this or is this just parculiar to the L2A design?

I am usually a size 40, and have several BR jackets this size.

My BR house L-2, which seems to be based on the American Pad & Textile, is a 38, and fits fine.

Chest = 22"
Shoulder = 19"

kevlarg

I bought an original L-2 by American Pad and Textile last month. It seems to be a fairly generous cut as I can fit into it and zip it closed even though it is a size 34 and I typically wear a size 38. It feels just a little bit short for me but it is a nice jacket none the less. My 1968 Brill Brothers G-1 is a size 38 and it fits very trim.

I have been thinking of selling it if anyone is interested let me know.

Kevin

NW Carver

Thanks, Kevin - so the originals also come up rather large - thats interesting! Thanks for the input! :D

Kind regards

asiamiles

I'm a 38 and I have a Buzz Superior Togs L-2A in a 38 and it fits me just nicely...a 36 would almost certainly be too short for me, and possibly a little trim elsewhere too.

NW Carver

Well, it turned up (the 36inch) and is actually just a bit too small - pinches under armpit. That leaves me a bit fed up as Eastman do not have the 40inch anymore in stock :( This leaves me with very few alternatives - I don't want to ask for my money back as Gary has really run around to help me get what I want, but I don't want any of the leather jackets and I don't want any of the other Buzz nylons that he has (most are out of my size anyway).....that only leaves the MA1 and I don't like that as much as the L2A with the olive drab liner....

Having checked out HPA in the states, they DO have my size in stock - therefore does anybody think Gary would actually bring one over from them, if I asked? Willing to pay the transport costs.....

Have just tried to call him but nobody is there at the factory currently...

What do you chaps think?

Thanks

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
NW Carver said:
Having checked out HPA in the states, they DO have my size in stock - therefore does anybody think Gary would actually bring one over from them, if I asked? Willing to pay the transport costs.....

I don't think it would work like that, Nigel .... I would just go for the refund.

Tim P

I am not much of a nay sayer but in this case, I would get the refund, buy the jacket direct from HPA and just soak up the pain of any extra cost with the consolation of having got something you really want and that you cant get elsewhere.
Have you tried American Classics in the Kings road? they do Buzz rickson stuff.
Tim

NW Carver

Cheers Tim - think you are right on this one! No, haven't tried american classics....thanks for the tip, will try! :D

NW Carver

Chatted this through with Gary, and he has confirmed its best to get through HPA - just waiting for the refund. I have also tried to contact American Classics but their phone number isn't working - can anybody confirm if they are still open?

Ta

269sqnhudson

NW Carver said:
Chatted this through with Gary, and he has confirmed its best to get through HPA - just waiting for the refund. I have also tried to contact American Classics but their phone number isn't working - can anybody confirm if they are still open?

Ta

They are open but probably won't have any Buzz at the mo. they get it in October and it usually goes fairly quick

NW Carver

Great - do you have a working phone number that I can call rather than waste a trip pver there?

Thanks for the help!

HHjackets

greyhound52 said:
Telephone (856) 489-8103
Monday thru Thursday 10AM - 5:00PM Eastern Time

i think he meant american classics phone number in kings road, london! not hpa's phone number! he lives in england!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
HHjackets said:
i think he meant american classics phone number in kings road, london! not hpa's phone number! he lives in england!

:) ... Oh, that's easy, Google knows .....

Address: 398 King's Road, Chelsea, SW10 0LJ; Tel: 020 7352 2853

HHjackets

deeb7 said:
HHjackets said:

:) ... Oh, that's easy, Google knows .....

Address: 398 King's Road, Chelsea, SW10 0LJ; Tel: 020 7352 2853

actually, that's the hard part! i've already tried that number!
that's why he was asking for
NW Carver said:
... a working phone number that I can call rather than waste a trip pver there? ...

you get a message that says: you've dialled an incorrect number ... blah blah blah yadee yadee ya !!!