• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso W&G M 422

ButteMT61

But of course. That's one that will take a major financial failure to sell. Not that it can't happen, but that's the criteria for it. Same with my Aero Bronco. Those two are the last to go...

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
But of course. That's one that will take a major financial failure to sell. Not that it can't happen, but that's the criteria for it. Same with my Aero Bronco. Those two are the last to go...

If this 422 hadn't turned out as well as it did I would have really regretted selling it. I do miss it on those cool 50 degree nights.

airfrogusmc

ButteMT61 said:
Your moment of weakness = my win. But...now I'm lookin' at JC's new Monarch 422. :)

Yes and I love the new hides he's using.

Gotta tell ya this BK is really impressive. ;) I think its a more accurate version of an early Navy jacket than the Eastman ( owned one of their G&F 422a's and it had a hide gap between the bi swing seam and the shoulder seam over 1 inch and it had the wide G-1 type back and I don't know if Eastman is sourcing different mouton now but the stuff on my jacket I did not like) and the price and the turn around time on the BK is really impressive. JC is the man but this is a nice alternative especially at this price point.

ButteMT61

airfrogusmc said:
ButteMT61 said:
Your moment of weakness = my win. But...now I'm lookin' at JC's new Monarch 422. :)

Gotta tell ya this BK is really impressive. ;) I think its a more accurate version of an early Navy jacket than the Eastman ( owned one of their G&F 422a's and it had a hide gap between the bi swing seam and the shoulder seam over 1 inch and it had the wide G-1 type back and I don't know if Eastman is sourcing different mouton now but the stuff on my jacket I did not like) and the price and the turn around time on the BK is really impressive. JC is the man but this is a nice alternative especially at this price point.

I hear you. I'm having the last-minute jitters as I know the next place in JC's line is at least a 14 month or more wait. Want to make this next jacket a home-run to last me :)

airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc said:
ButteMT61 said:

Gotta tell ya this BK is really impressive. ;) I think its a more accurate version of an early Navy jacket than the Eastman ( owned one of their G&F 422a's and it had a wide gap between the bi swing seam and the shoulder seam over 1 inch and it had the wide G-1 type back and I don't know if Eastman is sourcing different mouton now but the stuff on my jacket I did not like) and the price and the turn around time on the BK is really impressive. JC is the man but this is a nice alternative especially at this price point.

airfrogusmc

airfrogusmc said:
airfrogusmc said:
ButteMT61 said:

Gotta tell ya this BK is really impressive. ;) I think its a more accurate version of an early Navy jacket than the Eastman ( owned one of their G&F 422a's and it had a wide gap between the bi swing seam and the shoulder seam over 1 inch and it had the wide G-1 type back and I don't know if Eastman is sourcing different mouton now but the stuff on my jacket I did not like) and the price and the turn around time on the BK is really impressive. JC is the man but this is a nice alternative especially at this price point.

I was just trying to change the word hide to wide sorry....

airfrogusmc

Sorry for the color on these. A bit warm. THese show the lining and grain on the goat. Some area are really grainy and others aren't.

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg