• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Kelso W&G M 422

airfrogusmc

Roughwear said:
Thanks for the pics and the review Alan. I can see why you are so pleased with this beauty. Congratulations. :)

Don't you have one of these on order Andrew? If so did you go with the lighter mouton?

wop54

Nice nice jacket, Alan. I'm ordering one by the end of summer, to have it available from October on. May I ask you what brought you to choose the Willis & Geiger? I'm in the choosing process phase.... :?

airfrogusmc

wop54 said:
Nice nice jacket, Alan. I'm ordering one by the end of summer, to have it available from October on. May I ask you what brought you to choose the Willis & Geiger? I'm in the choosing process phase.... :?

I just like the looks of the W&G plus its kinda rare (originals are). I have a Goodwear Monarch 422 that I love and its much light in color so I wanted something different from that also. RMNZ and Eastman both make G&F 422a's or did. I think BKs G&F is more accurate than Eastmans version. On hte Eastman the back is wide like a modern G-1. The gap at the bi swing and shoulder seam is to wide on the Eastman as compared to most originals and I really didn't like Eastmans mouton. And the over exagerate the pocket flaps on the Eastman. (I've owned Eastmans version) so I just wanted something a bit different. It looks like either the W&G 422 or the G&F 422a would be a great choice.

wop54

airfrogusmc said:
wop54 said:

I just like the looks of the W&G plus its kinda rare (originals are). I have a Goodwear Monarch 422 that I love and its much light in color so I wanted something different from that also. RMNZ and Eastman both make G&F 422a's or did. I think BKs G&F is more accurate than Eastmans version. On hte Eastman the back is wide like a modern G-1. The gap at the bi swing and shoulder seam is to wide on the Eastman as compared to most originals and I really didn't like Eastmans mouton. And the over exagerate the pocket flaps on the Eastman. (I've owned Eastmans version) so I just wanted something a bit different. It looks like either the W&G 422 or the G&F 422a would be a great choice.
Thanks, Alan! My first m-422, so I think I'll pick one of the two just a moment before pressing the "buy now" button ;)

airfrogusmc

DG567 said:
Looks great - I need to add a G&F to my closet soon! Where did you source the mouton from?

Old 1920s & 1930s coats. You can find them in antique stores and on ebay and some have mouton that is like new. Old mouton is different than modern mouton and its the process in which it was made. I'm not a technician but it is different.

Roughwear

airfrogusmc said:
Roughwear said:
Thanks for the pics and the review Alan. I can see why you are so pleased with this beauty. Congratulations. :)

Don't you have one of these on order Andrew? If so did you go with the lighter mouton?

Yes I do Alan. I went for the darker mouton in the end. I'm now waiting to hear when it will be despatched.

wop54

Roughwear said:
airfrogusmc said:
Roughwear said:

Yes I do Alan. I went for the darker mouton in the end. I'm now waiting to hear when it will be despatched.
Which maker did you choose, Andrew?

A

Anonymous

News update for M422:
After few unsuccessful attempts finally the tannery managed to match the color of the mouton to an original sample taken from original W&G M422 provided by BK and BK has confirmed the color.
Another good tannery who is able to make production in 4 days failed to match the color so had to appoint the first tannery who needs couple of weeks to make production.

airfrogusmc

Thanks guys can't wait till fall now so I can break it in. Love'n the goatskin on this baby....

Again, THANKS PLATON, its a beauty.

SuinBruin

It sure is, but let's not upstage Alan and BK. ;)

Nice jacket, guys. If I liked the Navy leather jackets better I'd take a long, hard look at the Kelsos.