• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI Leather B-3 Review

Enigma1938

The snaps are from an old stock I bought years ago on etsy.

Already working on another improvement:
20240131_081503.jpg

Dumpster D

The snaps are from an old stock I bought years ago on etsy.

Already working on another improvement:

Cool that you sourced some original parts!! Pretty amazing, hope you have extras to keep as collectors items!

I have one of those chain hangars stashed somewhere...It wasn't an original WWII part or anything. Forget where I found it, just came off something random somewhere as a loose part years ago. They use those on lots of trench vintage coats and stuff.

Seeing these upgrades is giving me ideas!

Enigma1938

That exact type of chain is impossible to be found in Germany. So I decided to custom build one by myself.

That said I noticed that even some top tier maker are using the wrong chains on their repros, like Aero for example.

Just finished and ready to be sewn in:
20240131_133914.jpg

20240131_134455.jpg

flyincowboy

Really nice I f you have some spare for the chain and the collar Dot snap i will be tempted. Be carefull for the 5star buckles they could have some sharp edges . Don't ask me how i know!

Enigma1938

Really nice I f you have some spare for the chain and the collar Dot snap i will be tempted. Be carefull for the 5star buckles they could have some sharp edges . Don't ask me how i know!
Good to know I'll take care.
I think in 1 or two weeks they should be here.
So there's nothing left to be improved on AVI's B-3 except the label. For the moment I have no idea where to search for it.
It don't has to be the exact 43-13616AF contract but any Aero B-3 label would work too.

B-Man2

Wow !!
That’s really amazing Enigma . How did you duplicate making the hanger chain.?
You definitely have some skills !!

Enigma1938

Well I think my skills are way to amateurish for starting a kind of business, it may be good enough for me but I doubt other people will be satisfied in the long run. Most stuff I had to do at night because my time besides job and family is very limited. It's just a fun work that helps me come down and relax after all that everyday stress.