• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVI Leather B-3 Review

Greg Gale

Here's my video review of my new AVI Leather B-3. Mind you, it's mainly for an audience who are not as deep in the jacket rabbit hole as we are, hence the basic, general overview :)

I have to say that I'm really blown away by this B-3. The quality of the materials is exquisite, really. I didn't count the stitches but I don't see anything that's really off in terms of ratios and patterns. It feels sturdy and heavy duty, but the sheepskin is soft and easy to wear.

The fit is perfect, it's a size 42. That was my size with their G-1 and M-422a as well. I'm 6 foot tall and 165 lbs, 40" chest. It feels snug in a good way, so it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a tent, but I can still wear an A-2 underneath.

Now that I have it I'm actually glad it's all seal brown, so no russet facings. I haven't handled an ELC, but for half the price this jacket is a no brainer. I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a decent B-3 repro, but not wanting to pay the price of an ELC. I think this is Morten's best work yet, and I already really loved their M-422a.

I'll post the photos that I already posted again, so that everything can be found in one thread.

img_1432-jpeg.131937

img_1425-jpeg.131939

img_1420-jpeg.131941

img_1435-jpeg.131943

img_1428-jpeg.131945

Brettafett

Excellent review Greg, and very entertaining. AVI got their money's worth there.
But... All justified, it's a great jacket no doubt, and for the price.... Considering what it is... Its hard to beat!
Enjoy it while you can, thats not going do you any good back in Bali.

pierregloom

Thanks Greg for this video, it's so rare to be able to see a test of a replica jacket on video, but so nice to be able to see what it looks like in motion and not just in photos.
The B3 is on my list, but it's not wearable enough to be the next one, but your video really makes me want to give money to AVI!
Anyway, even in a short video like this, I learnt about the B3 and it makes me want to learn even more about these jackets.

flyincowboy

CONGRATS nice video you look great! Very nice B3 ...In my opinion the buckles /straps are not really accurate ,but i like the pattern of the jacket. just wondering of the thickness of the fleece ? . Could you tell?
To be honest would like to see a comparison side by side with A 5 STAR B3. Which one is the best?
And i am on the fence ordering a Avi one as xmas present.Thanks for your review!

Chandler

Avi jackets are made in China not in Pakistan
According to their website it's the sheepskin jackets made in China and the others in Pakistan.

Scroll down to the "Social Fairness" section, second paragraph.

ZuZu

According to their website it's the sheepskin jackets made in China and the others in Pakistan.

Scroll down to the "Social Fairness" section, second paragraph.
I've always thought that an enterprising repro company could set up shop in China and make stitch for stitch nearly perfect repros. It would take 6 months or a year of training- not in sewing but in getting all the little details down to perfect. If anyone can dot it on a larger scale it would be the Chinese- Buzz uses them right? Not a B-3 expert but to my eye this looks pretty gosh darn good...