• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An impromptu poll… Which are better ? ATF Service boots or Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots ?

Chandler

I promised @B-Man2 some "fit" pics and finally uploaded these bird's eye view shots of my Red Wing Iron Rangers; Copper Rough and Tough nubuck leather.

i0ZAKHc.jpg

oIe8xoj.jpg

298nMSi.jpg

These guys are just shy of three years old and been worn pretty regularly in "boot season(s)."

They're due for a good cleaning, but I wanted to show their true rugged quality.

Last edited:

B-Man2

I promised @B-Man2 some "fit" pics and finally uploaded these bird's eye view shots of my Red Wing Iron Rangers; Copper Rough and Tough nubuck leather.

i0ZAKHc.jpg

oIe8xoj.jpg

298nMSi.jpg

These guys are just shy of three years old and been worn pretty regularly in "boot season(s)."

They're due for a good cleaning, but I wanted to show their true rugged quality.
Those look great Chandler. I think I’ve made up my mind . Going for the RW IRs .

Brettafett

I popped in to the RW store in London over the weekend and tried on the Iron Rangers and the Blacksmiths.
I almost bought a pair a few years back, but didn't, now I can honestly say there is a pair in my very near future!
Likely go Blacksmiths, I like the simplicity of the design.

B-Man2

I popped in to the RW store in London over the weekend and tried on the Iron Rangers and the Blacksmiths.
I almost bought a pair a few years back, but didn't, now I can honestly say there is a pair in my very near future!
Likely go Blacksmiths, I like the simplicity of the design.
Great choice Brett !
I just picked up a pair of RW Iron Rangers myself and I’m very happy with them . BTW did you know that some RW stores carry factory seconds that may have some scratches or a hanging thread and you can purchase them at reduced prices . Check with your RW Store , the savings are pretty nice.

Brettafett

Hi Burt, no I didn't know that. I will certainly check.
I do plan on swopping the laces out, those on the Rangers are much better.
These are a lot of money, but I can see they will last a lifetime.
Eyes & feet, I always say... Dont skimp on eyes and feet! lol

Chandler

Great choice Brett !
I just picked up a pair of RW Iron Rangers myself and I’m very happy with them . BTW did you know that some RW stores carry factory seconds that may have some scratches or a hanging thread and you can purchase them at reduced prices . Check with your RW Store , the savings are pretty nice.
I bought mine as seconds from Sierra Trading -- can't tell why they're seconds. But I didn't know the stores were carrying them.