• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 pants to wear with your flight jacket

Greg Gale

Don't ask me why, but I'd love to have a complete WW2 USAAF pilot outfit. The only missing piece is the trousers.

I bought a pair of pinks from SoF, and they're great! The fit is perfect. Problem is, I don't like the pinks, and my shirts are pinks too, and in WW2 they didn't wear those with matching pants too often.

IMG_0808.jpg

So I bought a pair of M37 mustard pants from SoF - they weren't great, they fit like modern pants, quite slim fit.

IMG_0962.jpg

So I went online once again and ordered their OD51 pants - they're the same as the pinks but in different color, right? No...their size 32 OD51s fit more like a size 28, plus it was all very wonky...Sorry, it was so bad I didn't even take a photo.

Now I want to order from What Price Glory. Does anyone have any experience with those? The reviews on their site are good. It's not 100% accuracy I'm after, the fit and look are more important. I'm still not sure whether I should go for the OD51 or the M37. The OD51 looks sharper but looking at original photos, pilots mainly wore M37s around the base and on missions. At least the 4th FG did.

640px-RAF_Debden_-_4th_Fighter_Group_Pilots.jpg

Jolie-H%C3%A9l%C3%A8ne-2.jpg

IMG_3545.JPG

mulceber

slash-PTO yeah, I think. Have you considered original M-1937s? They show up on eBay at pretty reasonable prices. You could probably find a US intermediary here who would be willing to ship them to you.

Greg Gale

slash-PTO yeah, I think. Have you considered original M-1937s? They show up on eBay at pretty reasonable prices. You could probably find a US intermediary here who would be willing to ship them to you.

I have, but they all have some sort of damage, the color is usually very faded too.

Alliance507

Now I want to order from What Price Glory. Does anyone have any experience with those? The reviews on their site are good. It's not 100% accuracy I'm after, the fit and look are more important.
Order up, and don't look back. I own several pieces from WPG.. They generally nail the period-correct fit as well as the material. For the price, the quality is excellent IMO. My WPG pinks trousers are very very close to my original pair. Their OD chocolate shirt goes great with those. Same goes for the mustard OD trousers -- the wool quality and thickness is solid.

Greg Gale

Order up, and don't look back. I own several pieces from WPG.. They generally nail the period-correct fit as well as the material. For the price, the quality is excellent IMO. My WPG pinks trousers are very very close to my original pair. Their OD chocolate shirt goes great with those. Same goes for the mustard OD trousers -- the wool quality and thickness is solid.
Thanks, just what I wanted to hear. How's the sizing?