• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW1 linen/canvas nose arts

VeraVoulik

Something quite different today.

On September 11th 1917, Georges Guynemer, French famous ace of WW1 was KIA.
I decided to honor his memory painting his squadron insignia, has it appeared on his Spad XIII plane the very day he died.
Linen on wooden frame 1m x 1m, dark blue grey background, then several layers of sail/sand color, insignia painted in 1:1 scale over his "ace tricolor band". Then a special rubber mix varnish was applicated to give this special finish.

I can offer all ww1 squadron insignias on linen (framed on wood or just linen to frame by customer)

This one is numbered 001 and is for sale today.

g1.JPG
g2.JPG
g4.JPG
g5.JPG
g6.JPG
g7.JPG
g8.JPG
g9.JPG
guynemer17.JPG
images.jpg

B-Man2

Something quite different today.

On September 11th 1917, Georges Guynemer, French famous ace of WW1 was KIA.
I decided to honor his memory painting his squadron insignia, has it appeared on his Spad XIII plane the very day he died.
Linen on wooden frame 1m x 1m, dark blue grey background, then several layers of sail/sand color, insignia painted in 1:1 scale over his "ace tricolor band". Then a special rubber mix varnish was applicated to give this special finish.

I can offer all ww1 squadron insignias on linen (framed on wood or just linen to frame by customer)

This one is numbered 001 and is for sale today.

View attachment 158339View attachment 158341View attachment 158343View attachment 158345View attachment 158347View attachment 158349View attachment 158351View attachment 158353View attachment 158355View attachment 158357
Amazing talent !!!!