• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

World War II N1 Jacket - Green not Khaki from SMWholeSaleUSA

carffmann

I purchased an N1 coat my from the owner in June 2024 for $371 plus shipping. I gave him the measurements. Note the coat does not have U.S.N. on it nor it right Khanki color.
The color green is the standard used after the war until early 1960s. The quality and style of design is better than most repros.

He told me to to order a size 42. It was way too small. He said he wore it with a tee-shirt. That was odd because I was able to wear things under a size 44 etc.
I ordered size 44. It fit as World War II jackets go a little tight and so I lost 5 Ibs. I asked him if I could try the 46 just to be sure. He said it was not a problem. When I received it ...it was in fact too large.
I had sent him a letter asking him to hold on to a size 44 for a few days. I immediately sent size back. He received it in 2 day.

For several weeks he did mail back the 44. Owner did not tell me he was out of size 44 or anything at all. I had to file with PayPal
and file a BBB complaint. Every time I speak to him he seems off. I cannot comment further. My mother called him from her house with long covid and he convinced he would mail the coat etc.
and then did nothing.

I read his reviews and I am not only person saying the owner's merchandise may be decent but his treatment of customers is not acceptable.

I believe he is out of stock, and will not inform me of a future date or reimburse me of his own volition as a professional. Either way he has not informed me and is not taking my calls
unless I call multiple times. This is not acceptable role I wish to be in etc.

Sincerely,

Christian Arffmann

B-Man2

Hi
It’s customary to introduce yourself in the “Members Bio” section before you bring these types of issues. While your problem is similar to other stories that have been posted here, you could have avoided all of this if you had simply known your own measurements and asked for the measurements of each size jacket and then made your selection based on the size that closely approximated your measurements before shipping the jacket to you. I’ll venture a guess that every time you requested an exchange that you expected S&M to absorb the cost of shipping the new jacket to you ?? If that’s the case then I can see the other side of the issue. In the future know your measurements it will save you a lot of time , effort and shipping fees .
I’m not trying to sound harsh but rather just trying to help you prevent something like this from happening in the future.

Last edited:

Enigma1938

My experience with SM has been piss-poor, sorry you are going through this.
Same here, ordered a Kanaljacke from them. Jacket is great but waiting time and service were not. In the whole process you always felt you've been an annoying troublemaker to their business.