• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Pa12

Just got my five star b-10 as well. Fit feels much better then my Bronson
IMG_6795.jpeg

Cocker

Thanks to all of you, guys! So, to answer a few questions:

@flyincowboy yes, this is indeed their olive color. The website doesn"t do it justice AT ALL!

@Skyranger I'd say their size chart is spot on, so just use it and you should be fine. This one is a size 42, with 2 inches added in the sleeves, and 1 in the body (which, retrospectively, wouldn't have been needed, but not an issue!)

@Alliance507 yes, that collar is awesome, if I dare say so myself! IMO, much better than the standard reddish brown they use. It's the same @Blackboxr1200S used on his, and I must thank him for making me know that this was an option! As for the knits, they are indeed "olive", but they are very, very dark. I'd say too dark to be period correct, but that being said, they are quite thick and tightly woven, really neat quality!

Also, a word of advise: I ordered it with a custom name tag, and this is the only part I wish I hadn't done. The last letter was too lightly printed and therefore almost not visible, leather is very thin, and not cut straight. So I decided to remove it. Well, sadly, not only was it stitched, it was also glued, so now the jacket has a very slightly darker rectangle on the left chest :rolleyes:.

Oh well, not a problem, I'll have another name tape done for it, and a patch for the chest also, so in the end, it should be barely noticeable!

Pa12

Another B-10 beauty! Looks great. Did you do custom fit or off-the-rack? And is it less puffy than the Bronson?
You know, I’m not sure. The sizing on the website is very confusing so I took peters advice and emailed Shawn. He asked for my measurements and I gave him the ones from my gw 23380. I’ve never had problems sizing off the rack so I suspect he measured up a 42 and it was good. So, with a 41.5 actual chest size I would say your natural chest size would be the way to go. I think it’s less puffy. Here’s my Bronson
IMG_6705.jpeg

B-Man2

P
My only complaint is that they omitted the shoulder insignia and the one on the wind flap. I emailed Shawn about it. Haven’t heard back yet but there’s a huge time difference
Pete
It’s going to be difficult to do much about the shoulder Roundel at this point unless you do an iron on one . I think that the others air silk screened on .

Pa12

P

Pete
It’s going to be difficult to do much about the shoulder Roundel at this point unless you do an iron on one . I think that the others air silk screened on .
Kind of figured that. He actually sent me pictures showing the measurements before they shipped. I completely missed it.

Alliance507

@Cocker Thanks for the detailed ordering advice. Helpful for us prospective buyers. Despite the darker knit color, they still look complementary to the overall jacket appearance.

@Pa12 Call me crazy I think your Bronson looks good too. I owned one and ultimately it was too snug so I sold it. And now I want a new B10. But I think your advice on providing your measurements helps rule-out sizing issues for sure.

Pa12

@Cocker Thanks for the detailed ordering advice. Helpful for us prospective buyers. Despite the darker knit color, they still look complementary to the overall jacket appearance.

@Pa12 Call me crazy I think your Bronson looks good too. I owned one and ultimately it was too snug so I sold it. And now I want a new B10. But I think your advice on providing your measurements helps rule-out sizing issues for sure.
The Bronson is not as bad as it was. I washed it twice which shortened the sleeves a bit. This new one feels better though.

Cocker

Completely agree, but it's worth notifying for someone who would want something more historically accurate.

@Pa12 your best bet here, if you don't want to send it back, would be to order iron-on decals set from MASH: https://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/moc/aaf_decal_heat/index.cgi