• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Emchisti

Good for you to clothe oneself in a retro vibe as much as possible!
I collect vintage clothing, but I find repros easier and less stressful for everyday use. Suits are what I have most of, like this 1930s German 3-piece.
Screenshot_20241017_205149_Gallery.jpg

mulceber

Had to travel to Santa Fe to get some jacket weather. The Bronson M-421A, GW RW 18091, and Sheeley Monarch AN-J-3A all made the trip. Planning to get some time in the RW tomorrow.

View attachment 162275
Great Photo !!
Strongly seconded!

BTW, I'm planning to hit up Standard and Strange on Saturday, if anyone needs me to keep an eye out for anything in particular.
Nothing for me, but have fun with their boot collection - their denim is awesome too. Check out Full Count jeans. There’s some great vintage styles made using awesome selvage. I think you’ll have a blast in there.

B-Man2

Thanks Burt. :) In hindsight, I wish that my youngest had been wearing her 5* G-1 for the pic. I'll try to get a dad/ daughter USN jacket pic in the next couple days.

BTW, I'm planning to hit up Standard and Strange on Saturday, if anyone needs me to keep an eye out for anything in particular.
See what a pair of Loftgren Rough outs are selling for . A couple of weeks ago they were $900. Now they raised their price again to $980. I think .

mulceber

Full Count and Momotaro are both great brands to look at. FC will have more vintage cuts though.

I was hoping that they might have Lofgren M-43's in store, but I don't think that they stock them at their Santa Fe location.
They might be able to help you get sized for them though. If they have other JL boots that fit the same as the M-43s, or just other boots that are equivalent, you could easily get a good idea of what to order.

My advice on the JL fit: since they changed the sizing, they’re pretty much equivalent to a Red Wing Iron ranger in fit. So order half a size below your Brannock Device measurement, UNLESS you have low-volume feet (narrow, low instep, and/or low arch). Then order a full size down.

coolhandluke

Full Count and Momotaro are both great brands to look at. FC will have more vintage cuts though.

They might be able to help you get sized for them though. If they have other JL boots that fit the same, or just other boots that are equivalent, you could easily get a good idea of what to order.

My advice on the JL fit: since they changed the sizing, they’re pretty much equivalent to a Red Wing Iron ranger in fit. So order half a size below your Brannock Device measurement, UNLESS you have low-volume feet (narrow, low instep, and/or low arch). Then order a full size down.
I'm a 9.5EE in Iron Ranger. There's no wide width option on the Lofgren M-43's correct?

Members online

Latest posts