• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Skyranger

Today for me a G-1 Brill-Bros 7823E (1975)
This is the first "original" I bought 1 year ago, paid too much, when I received it I was very disappointed: not goatskin as in the ad but cowhide, synthetic collar, sound of old sofa with each movement. It was a change from my replicas so beautiful and comfortable!
I wondered if I was going to throw it in the trash and then I decided to patch it to make it mine.
I searched on the net for a seller of Vietnam War insignia, I chose a unit whose patch and history I liked and I stuck all the patches on the jacket: since then I like it! :cool:

(in the meantime I acquired its big brother, a magnificent Brill-Bros 68, and it will not be patched ...)

Wikipedia:
On 2 May 1966, the 13th Tactical Fighter Squadron was activated at Korat Royal Thai Air Force Base with the 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, flying the Republic F-105 Thunderchief and the McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II. The squadron flew Wild Weasel missions to destroy North Vietnamese Surface-to-air missile sites. In October 1967, the squadron was moved to Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base, becoming part of the 432d Tactical Reconnaissance Wing. At Udorn, the 13th flew F-4D and F-4E aircraft, remaining there for the remainder of the war. In 1971, the squadron adopted as a mascot a panther nicknamed "Eldridge" after a former member of the squadron, but later attributed to be named for Black Panther leader Eldridge Cleaver. The squadron later became known as the "Panther Pack".[8] The squadron scored 11 MiG kills, compiled 21 aerial victories, and flew more than 30,000 combat sorties. The squadron earned 15 campaign streamers, six Air Force Outstanding Unit Awards with Valor, and the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm during the war. The squadron was inactivated in June 1975 with the end of the war.[4]

eljy.jpg

Today with my airplane:

4q7j.jpg

Elridge...

ex9l.jpg

51sa.jpg

B-Man2

Today for me a G-1 Brill-Bros 7823E (1975)
This is the first "original" I bought 1 year ago, paid too much, when I received it I was very disappointed: not goatskin as in the ad but cowhide, synthetic collar, sound of old sofa with each movement. It was a change from my replicas so beautiful and comfortable!
I wondered if I was going to throw it in the trash and then I decided to patch it to make it mine.
I searched on the net for a seller of Vietnam War insignia, I chose a unit whose patch and history I liked and I stuck all the patches on the jacket: since then I like it! :cool:

(in the meantime I acquired its big brother, a magnificent Brill-Bros 68, and it will not be patched ...)

Wikipedia:
On 2 May 1966, the 13th Tactical Fighter Squadron was activated at Korat Royal Thai Air Force Base with the 388th Tactical Fighter Wing, flying the Republic F-105 Thunderchief and the McDonnell Douglas F-4D Phantom II. The squadron flew Wild Weasel missions to destroy North Vietnamese Surface-to-air missile sites. In October 1967, the squadron was moved to Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base, becoming part of the 432d Tactical Reconnaissance Wing. At Udorn, the 13th flew F-4D and F-4E aircraft, remaining there for the remainder of the war. In 1971, the squadron adopted as a mascot a panther nicknamed "Eldridge" after a former member of the squadron, but later attributed to be named for Black Panther leader Eldridge Cleaver. The squadron later became known as the "Panther Pack".[8] The squadron scored 11 MiG kills, compiled 21 aerial victories, and flew more than 30,000 combat sorties. The squadron earned 15 campaign streamers, six Air Force Outstanding Unit Awards with Valor, and the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm during the war. The squadron was inactivated in June 1975 with the end of the war.[4]

eljy.jpg

Today with my airplane:

4q7j.jpg

Elridge...

ex9l.jpg

51sa.jpg
Imagine that …. Using a flight jacket for what it was actually intended for … flying ;):)
Looks great on you !

Spitfireace

MikeyB-17

I had a moustache on and off for a few years, and while it was looking alright it was always uncomfortable. I had skin issues underneath which became untenable. Always makes you look younger without by the way.
I was concerned about the skin thing because I had that the last time I shaved it off. I seem to have got away with it this time. And yes, the general consensus seems to be that I look younger without it. Last time after a few days I started to miss it-not this time.

B-Man2

I was concerned about the skin thing because I had that the last time I shaved it off. I seem to have got away with it this time. And yes, the general consensus seems to be that I look younger without it. Last time after a few days I started to miss it-not this time.
You do look younger without it .

coolhandluke

Recently received my order from JC with this lovely Gordon & Chapman ANJ3A. Managed to give it its air baptism last week with a short flight in the Luscombe. Really happy with it and know that it will grow in character the more I wear it.
View attachment 160867

Gorgeous! Is that Mexican goat? It already resembles 60-70+ year old hide. Just imagine what it will look like with some added wear.

Sideslip

Gorgeous! Is that Mexican goat? It already resembles 60-70+ year old hide. Just imagine what it will look like with some added wear.
It’s the Pakistani, a little thinner and more supple than the Mexican. I think (would need to double check) that the Monarch m422 is the Mexican, which is a little more dense, but it has taken on a wonderful character after a couple of years of regular wear.

Skyranger

Bill-Bros 7823-D, 1968.
Sorry, not a replica JC ;)

It was the G-1 that made me fall in love with this jacket again after my unfortunate experience with a G-1 7823-E (my post above).
I'm putting a sepia photo because of course a JC creation will always be more beautiful on this forum than an original!

(It's a joke, I love JC art)

klui.jpg