• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boots / shoes to wear with your flight jacket s...

Drzdave58

Today I went to see my cobbler ( who is also a great "colorist" on leather ) to recover a pair of OG WW2 service shoes Type II that I found in quasi mint condfition except the soles that were both half broken . I bought some DR Sole soles and heels and here is the result . He done a great job , the stitching points are very close together and fine , it's quite rare , his sewing machine is really well calibrated . The color of the photo is a little too red . I putted a little layer of Cordovan surfine cream from Saphir . I love the shape of this type of soles that we do not see anymore , or just on dress shoes , or sometimes on the Whites C350 for example . I post the photos from the vendor site too .View attachment 160457View attachment 160447View attachment 160449View attachment 160451View attachment 160453View attachment 160455
You hit a home run on those! Cool Munson last.

mulceber

Wasn't planning on buying any boots at any time in the near future, but then the guy I sold my JL boots alerted me to this auction:

Made an offer, offer accepted. :D

Grant

Wasn't planning on buying any boots at any time in the near future, but then the guy I sold my JL boots alerted me to this auction:

Made an offer, offer accepted. :D

Congrats! They're great boots and so comfortable to wear!
BTW, I added heel taps to the Cats Paw heels to preserve them from wear since I do a ton of walking in them.

Earloffunk

Iron Rangers - Not the best choice for going on long walks but they look good.
IMG_4861.jpeg
IMG_4861.jpeg

LV426

Finding the right last that fits and appeals to you esthetically is so important. It can be a challenge tho.
Since I was a teenager I wear boots like Doc martens in the 80's when these boots where still good and most military boots from surplus ( Punk's not dead ;) ) These were dutch or German jump boots I believe , I wore them 'till ther death . This is a photo my father took back in the days ( 86 /87 if I remember ). At that time I did not care to bring 'hem to a cobbler :p and then I went to the Army , so since this time I never wore nothing elese that this type of Last , even with costumes . I have some other shoes like "Heschung Ginkgo" but they are still in the closet .
20241005_075435.jpg

LV426

Hi , here is a link to a Chinese shoemaker who I believe worth to be known , perhaps some of you have heard from him , or more . I have no shoes from him but it's the case of the owner of the shop where I bought my Eastman Air masters : T.Bird in Paris . I think i'm gonna get in touch with this shoemaker. Screenshots from his insta in addition . The PLUS , imo , is that he use Dr Sole soles !
Capture d’écran 2024-10-05 081545.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-05 081627.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-05 081655.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-05 081727.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-05 081753.png

Drzdave58

Hi , here is a link to a Chinese shoemaker who I believe worth to be known , perhaps some of you have heard from him , or more . I have no shoes from him but it's the case of the owner of the shop where I bought my Eastman Air masters : T.Bird in Paris . I think i'm gonna get in touch with this shoemaker. Screenshots from his insta in addition . The PLUS , imo , is that he use Dr Sole soles !
View attachment 160841View attachment 160843View attachment 160845View attachment 160847View attachment 160849
Quan is one of the best shoemakers around IMO. His stuff doesn’t come cheap tho. Very high quality for sure.

Thomas Koehle

Today I went to see my cobbler ( who is also a great "colorist" on leather ) to recover a pair of OG WW2 service shoes Type II that I found in quasi mint condfition except the soles that were both half broken . I bought some DR Sole soles and heels and here is the result . He done a great job , the stitching points are very close together and fine , it's quite rare , his sewing machine is really well calibrated . The color of the photo is a little too red . I putted a little layer of Cordovan surfine cream from Saphir . I love the shape of this type of soles that we do not see anymore , or just on dress shoes , or sometimes on the Whites C350 for example . I post the photos from the vendor site too .View attachment 160457View attachment 160447View attachment 160449View attachment 160451View attachment 160453View attachment 160455

These are pretty impressive!

Awesome!

Thomas Koehle

View attachment 160841View attachment 160843View attachment 160845View attachment 160847View attachment 160849

Wow!

I need to check for more photos on INSTA