• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

LV426

Hello ,this morning I aquired a beautiful ELC A2 "AIR MASTER" havanna brown -time worn - I love the fact that the patina is very subtil , it will get better and better by natural process . In a thread I created I was asking about the best sizing before ordering on the net . I own a ELC Pearl Harbour 46 a little too roomy , or just fine for the winter with a submariner for example . The one I bought is a 44 , there were only 2 left in the Paris shop - T.Bird- and one 44 was too small , the other one is perfect , If I had ask for a tailor I would not have better. So , this is my 1st brand new jacket of this "calibre" . October is begninning perfectly . Cheers ! pS : The denim is a dungaree from Bronson , t shirt Br too and original US Army service shoes Type 2 resoled .
20241001_145129.jpg
20241001_145401.jpg
20241001_145600.jpg

CK90

Wore the RW 18091 all day, with the exception of a couple hours during the afternoon. It's by far the most pleasant wearing leather flight jacket that I've owned to date. Can't thank you enough Jan. I absolutely love this jacket.

View attachment 160623
That’s a real beauty Coolhand, this is actually one of my favourite A-2 contracts - there’s just something about that dark russet goatskin on a Rough Wear contract.

I know you mentioned the Sideslip fit, agreed, this also reminds me of the @Pa12 fit - just right.

coolhandluke

Looks good. And the arms look fine to me.
Thanks Pa. I appreciate the reassurance. I just hadn't owned an A-2 with larger diameter sleeves before. It just took a bit to adjust to the appearance.

The sleeve length is approximately 1" longer than what I typically wear and it definitely helps prevent the sleeves from riding up as much with my arms extended. I think the sleeve length is probably close to being spot on.

20240930_190549.jpg

Pa12

Thanks Pa. I appreciate the reassurance. I just hadn't owned an A-2 with larger diameter sleeves before. It just took a bit to adjust to the appearance.

The sleeve length is approximately 1" longer than what I typically wear and it definitely helps prevent the sleeves from riding up as much with my arms extended. I think the sleeve length is probably close to being spot on.

View attachment 160637
I think so. I find they have to be a wee bit longer than other jackets or they’ll ride half way up to your elbows. Just the nature of the beast. I’m guessing you’re seeing the magic of jc’s rw.;)

CK90

View attachment 160637
Big time, near perfect. Personally I like a touch more length in an A-2 sleeve, for me it both looks better, is how originals were generally worn and is the most practical. Just my opinion gents, we all have our preferences.

coolhandluke

That’s a real beauty Coolhand, this is actually one of my favourite A-2 contracts - there’s just something about that dark russet goatskin on a Rough Wear contract.

I know you mentioned the Sideslip fit, agreed, this also reminds me of the @Pa12 fit - just right.

Thanks CK! That's two of the biggest compliments that I could receive.

I appreciate the kind words and all of your positive, uplifting posts. You're one of many great guys and gals around here.

Pa12

Big time, near perfect. Personally I like a touch more length in an A-2 sleeve, for me it both looks better, is how originals were generally worn and is the most practical. Just my opinion gents, we all have our preferences.
Yep. Just like in period photos. It can go either way. But a bit longer beats a bit shorter in my eye. Especially in pants;)

CK90

Thanks CK! That's two of the biggest compliments that I could receive.

I appreciate the kind words and all of your positive, uplifting posts. You're one of many great guys and gals around here.
Thank you man, truly, the feeling is very much mutual. This is one of the few corners of this dark internet where we can all share a real connection and passion. I hope we can enjoy this forum for years and years to come.