• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Perfect jacket weather this morning.
IMG_2248.jpeg

coolhandluke

Took out my original M-422A for the first time.
It was identified with help from forum members as an Ostermann :)

View attachment 159465

It blows my mind that it also fits me!

Nice! I think I know this jacket. If so, I ran across it on eBay back in June and was discussing it with Jan. It's missing the label, has a punched windflap, with a 50's era Talon zip installed, right?

FreddyF9

Nice! I think I know this jacket. If so, I ran across it on eBay back in June and was discussing it with Jan. It's missing the label, has a punched windflap, with a 50's era Talon zip installed, right?
It is!
I believed it was indeed an Osterman when I bough it then the details you mentioned were making me doubt it as I received it.
As you can see in the dedicated thread, it was positively identified by @ZuZu as an original Ostermann!
Even if the lining, zipper and fur collar (I believe) were probably replaced with parts from a 1950s G-1

coolhandluke

It is!
I believed it was indeed an Osterman when I bough it then the details you mentioned were making me doubt it as I received it.
As you can see in the dedicated thread, it was positively identified by @ZuZu as an original Ostermann!
Even if the lining, zipper and fur collar (I believe) were probably replaced with parts from a 1950s G-1

Glad to see that someone grabbed it. It was definitely an interesting piece for a very fair price. I was doubtful after seeing the listing photos, but Jan also felt that it was an Osterman that was likely refurbished during the 50's. I really liked small font, vertically punched windflap and don't mind the 50's Talon zip whatsoever. It would be great to find an original or repro label to reattach, even if the lining isn't original.

Last edited:

bseal

Outstanding set up on that sefton. Gives that oldie a new lease on life. Hope I’m not outta line, but ya look ever so much like ????, damn, I can’t remember the actors name. He was in “alien”.

IMG_5625.jpeg

Last edited:

FreddyF9

Glad to see that someone grabbed it. It was definitely an interesting piece for a very fair price. I was doubtful after seeing the listing photos, but Jan also felt that it was an Osterman that was likely refurbished during the 50's. I really liked small font, vertically punched windflap and don't mind the 50's Talon zip whatsoever. It would be great to find an original or repro label to reattach, even if the lining isn't original.
Yup, currently I’m asking around to see if I can get a label!

Micawber

I had a Kay Canvas M-41 under the backseat of the Jeep just in case it rained at the festival of motoring event in the local town today, it did.

Taken on the remains of the old airfield on the way home…

No, I didn't go dressed up like a WW2 soldier boy - not my thing at all. As far as I'm concerned it's just a practical jacket.

IMG_4042.jpeg